+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First Time B1/B2 Visa - Interview waiver due to previous H1B ?

owleroz

Feb 22, 2018
Hi,
I am currently living in Canada as a PR and working for a Canadian company. I am applying for my first B1/B2 US visa to attend work meetings in the US. Since all appointments are now being scheduled for 2023, do I have any options to apply for an interview waiver ? My previous H1-B visa expired ~2 years back.

I understand the limited visa slots due to COVID, but I am trying to find out if anyone with a new B1/B2 has any guidance that can help me out?

Thank you.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi,
I am currently living in Canada as a PR and working for a Canadian company. I am applying for my first B1/B2 US visa to attend work meetings in the US. Since all appointments are now being scheduled for 2023, do I have any options to apply for an interview waiver ? My previous H1-B visa expired ~2 years back.

I understand the limited visa slots due to COVID, but I am trying to find out if anyone with a new B1/B2 has any guidance that can help me out?

Thank you.
You need to try proceeding in applying in the site and the site's workflow will direct you to either book for appointment or send the passport & documents for stamping.
If you can prove that its an emergency then you can email them to give you one appointment(but before that its better you book some date and then request emergency from the website so that they can update your interview date accordingly to the new short date).

If you had earlier visa then you may be eligible for drop box. But you first need to start applying online and then only you can know.

Reactions: owleroz

owleroz

Feb 22, 2018
You need to try proceeding in applying in the site and the site's workflow will direct you to either book for appointment or send the passport & documents for stamping.
If you can prove that its an emergency then you can email them to give you one appointment(but before that its better you book some date and then request emergency from the website so that they can update your interview date accordingly to the new short date).

If you had earlier visa then you may be eligible for drop box. But you first need to start applying online and then only you can know.
I applied online and did not receive an interview waiver or drop box option. I don't qualify for any emergency waivers so I will wait until my turn. Thanks for your help.