+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First Entry - Proof of funds

Prasad2008

Oct 27, 2008
Hi
We have been granted the skilled immigration visa and plan to enter Canada for the first time in June 2009. We propose to be in Canada for a week and return later after Christmas -- I am working on a project which will not finish till Dec 2009 -- my canadian has to be before Sep2009 :(
I would be registering for the SIN / PR card on this trip.

I need the inputs on the proof of funds which I have to furnish
1) Am I expected to show the complete funds CAD 18,895 (we are a family of four) ? - considering we will be returning in a week's time.
2) Does a bank statement constitute proof ? Is there a specific format / template in which the statement has to be furnished ?

Thanks all in anticipation for a response.

Regards
Prasad

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Prasad2008 said:
Hi
We have been granted the skilled immigration visa and plan to enter Canada for the first time in June 2009. We propose to be in Canada for a week and return later after Christmas -- I am working on a project which will not finish till Dec 2009 -- my canadian has to be before Sep2009 :(
I would be registering for the SIN / PR card on this trip.

I need the inputs on the proof of funds which I have to furnish
1) Am I expected to show the complete funds CAD 18,895 (we are a family of four) ? - considering we will be returning in a week's time.
2) Does a bank statement constitute proof ? Is there a specific format / template in which the statement has to be furnished ?

Thanks all in anticipation for a response.

Regards
Prasad
1. Yes, you must show proof of funds even if you are staying for 15 minutes.
2. Yes, a bank statement in convertible currency is proof.

PMM