+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finished stamping at Detroit - windsor tunnel yesterday

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
Thank you all..finished my landing formalities at Detroit - windsor tunnel yesterday. Was super worried since I was in approved i94 without visa..

Drove from Detroit to windsor in a rental car. The Canadian side officer was in bad mood..asked questions like why I'm there, how many days etc..give specific answers only..I was then asked to go to the office with yellow slip. Finished all formalities and got 186 form approved..no PR card since they suggested me to get it after I have a confirmed address..and not forward it to friends address..I knew about some people saying this is past..so was mentally prepared..in the end she said congratulations..welcome to Canada..

Then finished the SIN activities too..it was very smooth there..

Back to US on same day...the issues started...was asked for visa at toll..I said I have i94 and wanted to do automatic revaluation...he asked me to go inside office with a yellow slip.the guy who guided me in was very rough..asked me to keep all doors in the car open and leave all bags in car..wife was worried about the copr and other documents being the car...

Went inside...they did the i94 update, finger printing and photo..people inside were nice..wife was still worried..all went good..came back to Detroit..

Observation was in both sides the people in booth were rough..guys inside were nice to handle...

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I too landed in Detroit and had exact same experience with those lady officers on Canadian side. I felt like they didn't like us coming to Canada at all. They had questions like how long is your h1 valid, why are you landing now when your landing visa is still valid etc. And didn't say welcome to Canada even.

I too user avr and US side was super smooth. It was nothing more than crossing toll booth. He just took our passports and i797 and gave it back after few minutes saying all set.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
I have seen a lot of posts about rough crossing (both sides) at the Detroit/Windsor border. Either these people are really ignorant or just out there to give us a hard time.

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
I have seen a lot of posts about rough crossing (both sides) at the Detroit/Windsor border. Either these people are really ignorant or just out there to give us a hard time.
Exactly..they don't seem to have a consistent approach either..