+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint-based police certificate request? Seniors please help!!!

john_henry

Jun 8, 2008
Can anyone help me on that question?

We applied for PR in Buffalo, NY. My wife has gotten a letter asking her to submit a fingerprint-based police certificate from RCMP for a month. I suppose that I should also receive the same request since I am the main applicant and my wife is the dependant in our case. Both of us submitted name-based police certificates in Canada. But the expected letter seems not to arrive to me (at least at this time, after a month). Does anybody get the same situation? What should I do next? Still waiting for the letter asking me to submit fingerprint-based police certificate or ask CIC at Buffalo to make clear the case? I remove the possibility that my expected letter goes to the wrong address.

Looking forward to your responses.
Many thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

john_henry said:
Can anyone help me?
1. You didn't need to send the name based criminal records checks for Canada, as CIC does it own name check.
2. It appears that there is someone with a similar name as your wife, who has a criminal record. So you wife requires an RCMP fingerprint criminal records check. So she goes to the Corp of Commissionaires (assuming you are in Canada) and has a digital check done, you should get the results in less than a week. If you send paper prints, 3 months.

PMM

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john_henry said:
Can anyone help me?
It will not hurt if you submit a fingerprint-based police certificate for yourself along with your wife it doesn't take long time if you go to a private agency in canada to do the digital fingerprints and they will send them electronically to the RCMP central station in Ottawa then they will process it within three days and send the results to your mailing address or directly to Buffalo visa office (upon your request) after 72 hours + the mailing time

today i went to a private agency to inquire how to proceed the fingerprint-based police certificate to submit it with my application to Buffalo although i know that they don't ask for it but it doesn't hurt or take a long time, on the contrary it will save the processing time if they need it rather than asking me to submit it later.

Important notice : as they told me today in the private agency that the RCMP prefer to send the results directly to the (requesting agency) such as the immigration department, employers....etc rather than send them to individuals, however they informed me that if i don't want them to send the results directly to the immigration department, i must not write my file number on the fingerprint paper so the RCMP will have to send it to my address directly.

john_henry

Jun 8, 2008
Sorry for the late response. I just came back :)

@ PMM: Thanks so much for your advice. We have come to Commissionaire in my city and have them take my wife's digital fingerprint. It's so faster than the paper one!

@professional 1: That's a very good idea, man! But there is a problem is that Commissionaire asks a letter from CIC indicating that the fingerprint-based PCC is needed for our application (in my case, CIC requires my wife's fingerprint-based PCC). So how can I take my digital fingerprint service in Commissionaire without the letter? I guest your private agency does not require the letter. Right? If so, could you let me know the name of the private agency you have worked with in your town? Many thanks.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john_henry said:
Sorry for the late response. I just came back :)

@ PMM: Thanks so much for your advice. We have come to Commissionaire in my city and have them take my wife's digital fingerprint. It's so faster than the paper one!

@professional 1: That's a very good idea, man! But there is a problem is that Commissionaire asks a letter from CIC indicating that the fingerprint-based PCC is needed for our application (in my case, CIC requires my wife's fingerprint-based PCC). So how can I take my digital fingerprint service in Commissionaire without the letter? I guest your private agency does not require the letter. Right? If so, could you let me know the name of the private agency you have worked with in your town? Many thanks.

yes my private agency doesn't require a letter from the immigration, they jsut asked me if the immigration department has asked me to do so and i said no, and they asked me if i have a file number i said no am waiting for my AOR from sydney and i told them that even when i get a file number from there it will not be vailed because my application will be transfered to buffalo, then she said are you sure that buffalo will process your application i said yes and she printed out the address of buffalo visa office on the fingerprint paper from her records and she told me that if i want the police certificate to be sent to my mailing address, not to write any file number. and she asked me why do i want to get the police clearance from within canada when they have not asked me for that i said to speed up the processing time in case they ask for it.

The private agency is in mississauga this is the address: international fingerprinting services 5484 Tomken RD UN 13 mississauga, ontario, L4W 2Z6, canada

They have branches around Canada

Thier website: http://www.policecheck.com/

mokshagj15

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,
Ankur here.
I was in australia on student visa for last 10 months and then I had to return because of I met with accident.
I applied for FSW 1 from australia and then I met with an accident so I came back to India.
I have been in australia for 10 months so I have to get NATIONAL POLICE CHECK from australia.
I have applied for it and I got it for me and my wife few days back in India.
But I have not asked for Fingerprints check and it was just a regular police check1
Will it do?
Or do I have to have a new police check?
Can you tell me how to get finger prints done for Police check?
]Please guide me,
Ankur

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mokshagj15 said:
HI,
Ankur here.
I was in australia on student visa for last 10 months and then I had to return because of I met with accident.
I applied for FSW 1 from australia and then I met with an accident so I came back to India.
I have been in australia for 10 months so I have to get NATIONAL POLICE CHECK from australia.
I have applied for it and I got it for me and my wife few days back in India.
But I have not asked for Fingerprints check and it was just a regular police check1
Will it do?
Or do I have to have a new police check?
Can you tell me how to get finger prints done for Police check?
]Please guide me,
Ankur

you must obtain this certificate through the Australian Federal Police because you are no longer a resident of australia. you will need both name-based police certificate and fingerprint-based police certificate as stated at the immigration website in that regard.

this is the link for the immigration department explaining information of getting such a certificates from australia:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp

and this is the direct link of the Australian Federal Police explaining how to apply for both kinds of police clearance including the application forms and the processing time and everything about it:

http://www.afp.gov.au/business/national_police_checks.html#fingerprints