+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finger Prints Keep getting rejected

Joshua2018

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Hello All,

The FBI keeps rejecting my wife's finger prints stating the characteristics are not clear enough. This happened twice and has got us worried. We live in New Jersey and the two of us got our finger prints done the first time from a center in New York. My finger prints went through just fine but my wife's card was rejected .The document said that the quality of the characteristics were too low to be used .My wife had her finger prints taken a second time at a center in New Jersey itself , but unfortunately the second card has also been rejected.. This might have something to do with the characteristics of the lines on her fingers.

It would be great if anyone could offer any suggestions.. We now plan have her finger printed at our local police station. Is there any other solution for this situation? I would like to hear from anybody who has gone through the same situation . Looking forward to all your suggestions and opinions.

Thanks & Regards

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Did they use live scan for printing? It generally says if the print quality is acceptable or not as soon as fingerprints have been take.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
My wife has issues with fingerprints also. She tried at a police station but the prints came out poorly. What worked for her was at some private place. I believe it was: https://www.newyorkfingerprinting.com/

They had better equipment and she was able to get a decent set of prints.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello All,

The FBI keeps rejecting my wife's finger prints stating the characteristics are not clear enough. This happened twice and has got us worried. We live in New Jersey and the two of us got our finger prints done the first time from a center in New York. My finger prints went through just fine but my wife's card was rejected .The document said that the quality of the characteristics were too low to be used .My wife had her finger prints taken a second time at a center in New Jersey itself , but unfortunately the second card has also been rejected.. This might have something to do with the characteristics of the lines on her fingers.

It would be great if anyone could offer any suggestions.. We now plan have her finger printed at our local police station. Is there any other solution for this situation? I would like to hear from anybody who has gone through the same situation . Looking forward to all your suggestions and opinions.

Thanks & Regards
1. Go to scanning center where they take finger prints digitally and print on that card. Take couple of them.
2. Go to the police station and take on couple of more cards.

What i did was to go to more than one scanning center to take prints from each location - because every software/hardware configuration is different.
I too went to more than one police station to get prints from different locations.
Then i segregated 1 each from each location and sent to FBI in multiple applications (each application contains 4+ cards). This way, the chances of failure is less.

You might have seen the notes on the FBI thread that we keep on getting lot of rejections from FBI end because i heard that they changed something at their end after 2012 or so which created harder readings of fingerprints.

Joshua2018

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Thanks all for your valuable inputs.
My wife finally got her US PCC. The details of the place that was able to help us out is given below. Hoping this would be helpful for others with difficult finger prints.
They made her do live scans and then translated those scans to ink and this somehow did the trick

PrintScan- New York Fingerprints
Ph No : 212 388 5399

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
I used IdentiGo and it works great with my wife's finger print card. they have a software find miss matches and make sure the level of mismatch and clarity meet FBI finger print recognition software standards. I sent it last week and today got our PCC report from FBI and expecting the mail in 5 days.

Here is their website. please make sure to make online appointment ahead of time and it costs only $21.99+Tax, they provide you 2 FP cards.
https://www.identogo.com/

Joshua2018

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
I used IdentiGo and it works great with my wife's finger print card. they have a software find miss matches and make sure the level of mismatch and clarity meet FBI finger print recognition software standards. I sent it last week and today got our PCC report from FBI and expecting the mail in 5 days.

Here is their website. please make sure to make online appointment ahead of time and it costs only $21.99+Tax, they provide you 2 FP cards.
https://www.identogo.com/
Hello tuitui509. Thank you so much for your valuable reply.
Just wanted to let you know that my wife finally got her US PCC.
Look at my post right above yours saying that the finger prints finally went through.

The folks at Print Scan at New York were absolutely awesome. They took live scans of her finger prints and then converted them to ink scans. This did the trick.