+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding work in Canada with two master's degrees

statstudent

Feb 17, 2020
Hi I was wondering how likely will it be for me to get a job in Canada after obtaining a post graduate work permit.

I have a Master's in Economics from McGill and a Master's in Mathematics from McMaster. Unfortunately most of my work experience is teaching-related. I don't have practical work experience.

Do I have a chance of getting a NOC appropriate job for PR application?

I want to note that my IELTS general score is 8.5 with 8+ in all sections (If that is relevant).

Thank you very much

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I was wondering how likely will it be for me to get a job in Canada after obtaining a post graduate work permit.

I have a Master's in Economics from McGill and a Master's in Mathematics from McMaster. Unfortunately most of my work experience is teaching-related. I don't have practical work experience.

I want to note that my IELTS general score is 8.5 with 8+ in all sections (If that is relevant).

Thank you very much
Very dependent on the type of specialization you have especially in math but economics as well.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Thank you very much
Have you applied to any jobs? You have solid backgrounds. It doesn't matter if you don't have practical experience. Start applying. It will be tougher than with experience, but still.