+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding work in Canada 2022

Aug 21, 2021
Hi, I’m Joanna, I’m British, 28 years old and I’m working on getting an International Experience Visa for next year and it says I need to get a job offer to apply. I have worked in startups for the last 3 years in Customer Success. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or recommendations that I could look into?

thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I’m Joanna, I’m British, 28 years old and I’m working on getting an International Experience Visa for next year and it says I need to get a job offer to apply. I have worked in startups for the last 3 years in Customer Success. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or recommendations that I could look into?

thank you
Really depends on your education and whether the start-ups you worked at will be known in the industry. All you can really do is is apply to as many positions as possible but it will be tough to get a job offer in the start-up scene (especially if not an IT job) when there are no guarantees that you will get a spot in IEC and no firm date when you’ll be able to start. Most start-ups want to fill an employment need quite quickly. You may need to try an secure a job in another field and then change jobs after you get to Canada and can apply for jobs when you already have a WP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
is it hard for foreign people with big 4 experiences in their own country to be employed by a Canadian big 4?
Canada is a small country. The big 4 offices are smaller. There is a lot of competition for each job at the big 4 and on top of Canadians competing for jobs there are lots of immigrants who have experience in big 4 jobs around the world. If you can get a transfer that is your best option. Big 4 experience is well respected by Canadian employers in general.

daaarong

Jan 30, 2017

thank you
Hi Joanna,

Are you applying for WHV?

In that case, the job offer doesn't really need to be from your related career but just any employer in Canada.
The job offer is really a formality due to Covid, before Covid WHV didn't even require a job offer.