+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding a job in Canada from Pakistan for an Engineer.

Jan 28, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen who has gotten a bachelors degree in Mechanical engineering from Pakistan(expected to complete in Summer 2021). I am planning on moving back to Calgary AB Canada after degree completion and would like some assistance in some important matters.

1) Would my degree be recognized in Calgary AB Canada? (My degree is recognized by Washington accord).

2) Would i be able to get a P. Eng license to be able to work in Calgary AB as a Mechanical Engineer?

3) Am I able to apply online(while still in Pakistan) or do I need to come to Canada to begin the processes?

I would really appreciate some help in this matter.
Thank-You
Fazeel F Choudhry

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Contact APEGA, the Alberta engineering association, to find out about licensing processes and whether you can start the process outside Canada. They will tell you if your degree will be recognized. If it is under the WA then it should be.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
As previous reply, contact APEGA.

2) Would i be able to get a P. Eng license to be able to work in Calgary AB as a Mechanical Engineer?
Just to answer this. no one becomes P. Eng right after school. You will be starting your engineering in training (EIT) and there is a process to get your P. Eng in some time.

Reactions: Naturgrl