+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial Evaluation Form

yansebon

Feb 12, 2010
Hi there. I hope all is well. I have a question regarding the fiancial evaluation form I need to fill out. I reckon I am in a bit of a pickle. Here's the situation.

I am sponsoring my wife and I am using form 1283 because she is the only person I am sponsoring. I am not printing out a 'C Option Form' because I haven't lived in Canada for over 10 years. I do not have a co-sponsor. According to what I have read I need to:

"if you are unable to obtain and produce an “Option-C Printout” or if your income reported in this document is less than your minimum necessary income, you will need to provide documentation establishing the amount of income you earned over the period of 12 months preceding the date of your application, such as: pay stubs, if you are employed; a statement of business of activities, if you are self-employed; bank statements, if you have received interest income; statements or certificates, if you have other sources of income (investment, rental, pension, special benefits paid under the Employment Insurance Act, etc.)."

My problem lies in that I am self-employed, but all my income is sent to my wife's bank account. Why my wife's bank account? Because she finds my clients and then gives her bank details to them. It is the easiest way of doing things.

How can I demonstrate that I have the funds to take care of my family? We have well over the minimum requirement, but it is we, not I. For example, in the next 6 months I will make roughly $6,550 a month. All this money is going stright to her bank account. All our savings are under her name. Even the money we deposited for our house ($68,000.00) is in her name. How can I prove that I have the money to care for my family when the document I am filling-out does not want my wife's details because she is the one being sponsored?

Thanks for your help.