+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Vs Quebec Investor Programme

Desi Silva

Jun 9, 2010
I am new to this forum please help me.

I approached an immigration consultancy firm in sri lanka and they have a CCIC approved consultant in Quebec. i wanted to know from them which is the best programme for my husband and i to immigrate to Canada.

They are trying to convince me to immigrate through the Qubec investor programme. they say that it does not take very long and that i can get the PR very soon.

so i asked them if i get the PR through the Quebec investor programme don’t i have to stay there for few years. They say that i don’t have to. but i am a bit worried. Cause i don’t want to do anything which is dishonest. they say that i can land in Quebec and get my PR card and few days later then i can move to anywhere i prefer. but i am worried after completing the 3 years when i want to apply for my citizenship wont it look as if i have been a dishonest person, cause i have agreed to stay in Quebec and thereafter i have moved to another state. please advise.

I informed them that i am in no such hurry to immigrate to Canada. i don’t mind even if it takes two years. i was trying to ask them why they don’t try the federal investor programme for us. cause anyway it is also the same. cause i will be making the same investment in both programmes. the advantage of federal investor programme is that i can live in any state that i like. and also i am not lying to anyone.

But they are informing me that if i try the federal it will take over 5 years. they are trying to convince me to go for the Quebec programme.

I have a brother who lives in Vancouver. Wont it anyway look very suspicious if i want to try for Quebec when i have a brother in Vancouver. How can i even convince the Quebec government that i want to live there. I feel the agents are only interested to get the retainer fee.

what i want to know from you is that is it true that even if i select the Quebec programme i can move to any other state?
will i not have problem at the time i am going to apply for my citizenship?
is it true that federal investor programme takes more than 5 years?
Please advise
Thank you

Desi

hanh

Apr 24, 2010
Hi Desi !
Have you received my mail ?!
I have seen some federal investor cases in this forum and others telling us that all of their cases took them around two years . Even though I had failed two times to get business visa but the visa officer does not put a prejudice on my current application , so I will get a visa soon .
As I told you before , you should apply under federal investor as soon as possible otherwise the regulation of being a federal investor will change soon .
Hanh

fresher

Mar 20, 2010
hanh please share with me that e mail also , as i am also having the same problem.
our consultant also insisting fro quebec
my e mail is goodguy5660@yahoo.com

hanh

Apr 24, 2010
Hello Fresher !
To me , the best way is the federal investor programme . This time is the third and I hopefully get a visa soon :) Three times for me to apply to get a business visa without an agent's help . The last two times were under entrepreneur , so it seemed to be more difficult and at that time I might not have no experience at all . I now am very pleased to give you some idea .
Do not hesitate to ask me any question . I will send you email soon .
In case there is an error when I send email to you , you can contact me by my email address : < vangkimhanh@yahoo.com >
Take care !
Hanh

nabil2009

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
hi hanh, i applied through federal investor programm in 2008 n till now i didnt even get documents request so far. i dont believe its take two years to complete the case. my one is over 2 years now and i am still waitin ,dont know how long more?????????????????????

hanh

Apr 24, 2010
Hi Nabil2009 !
I think You will surely get documents request in a few weeks . It is right when some people say that from April to June and from Sep to Nov are high periods of immigration activity , so do not worry your case is likely to be completed at the end of this year .All the best wishes to you .

nabil2009

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
Hi hanh,

Thanks for wishing i also do hope to get the documents request soon. I applied through Islamabad office in jan 2008. let see when i can documents request letter.

Differentmed

Sep 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigrating and investing in Canada can be accomplished through various programs. We will assess your situation and guide you in the right path; we will choose the program that best suits your needs.Quebec Idependent Program,A program aimed at attracting skilled workers to live and find employment in Quebec. Qualifications for the program depend on French language skills, education, work experience, financial independence, and adaptability.

Wedding

May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On the other hand, an Investor is issued a Permanent Residence Visa to him and his family for life with no condition! And enjoy almost all the privileges Canadian Citizens enjoy except the right to vote.
The Québec program has been more popular than the Federal Investor program because they process the applications much faster. It’s that simple. The final result is no different than the Federal Investor program except that an applicant must land in the Province of Québec. But the Canadian Constitution allows Canadian permanent residents to land in Québec and move elsewhere later.

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
NO NO NO ............. If you apply for Quebec Investor Category than u will have to stay in Quebec till u get your Canadian citizenship and secondly Quebec is 99.9% French speaking province,which will also be tough for u to learn & speak,so i would suggest to apply under FEDERAL INVESTER CATEGORY (by which u cay stay anywhere in Canada except Quebec province),i personaly have applied for FEDERAL category,been 22 months now,still waiting for their final decision !

Carpet

Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The moratoriums will allow Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and Immigration Quebec to reduce the backlog of applications. Once the programs re-open, procedural changes implemented during the moratorium will facilitate faster processing times. Undoubtedly, this is something business persons will appreciate.

smsjamespapa

Aug 24, 2011
Please just go for Quebec .Don't listen or take suggestion from any one ..
I don't know why asking questions like this it's faster more than federal so please go for Quebec.
without wasting your time...

wantogo

Jan 9, 2011
All,

This information may help you :

From July 1st 2011 : CIC issued new Investor program (800k invested/1.6M owned) instead of old (400K invested/800K owned). For file applied under the old program it seems to be set aside as they also said that id you want to be quicker, then i withdraw your file back and apply under the new rule. BUT even start from JUly 1st 2011, they also closed due to reaching annual cap already. You can see in CIC website

For the time of processing, it also takes at least 2 to 5 years. Normally 3-4 years. See CIC on processing time. You can check the time process by area.

Why Quebec: QB seems have more independent, they do not have annual cap, that why the Consultant/Laws services try to convince application to QB. But time of processing is not shorter than other program.

There are still have another way for quicker than Federal , it is PNP Entrepreneur, if your file is OK then it take about 2.5 years for getting visa. I knew a lot of persons applied under this programs.

If someone needs more detail of PNP progarm, can mail me at canhoctiengviet@yahoo.com.vn ( i also applied under PNP and waiting for MR from VO).