NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
I have query (or Dilemma :) ) .. so here is the case i have received CSQ last year as an primary applicant and applied for federal PR-Nocv 16 AOR not yet received .

My spouse as primary applicant applied for express entry and have received invitation .

I am in dilemma should i apply for express entry or just wait for federal .. plz suggest..

GLSB

Star Member
Oct 2, 2016
I understand that if you have not receveid aor.....you can ask for reimbursement of fees.....

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
APPNOV2014NY said:
How much faster? Is it worth the paperwork and application fees? ::)
Ya that's the question need to gather all pcc stuff as already submitted for federal AOR .. b/w how much faster that's the basic question...

GLSB

Star Member
Oct 2, 2016
And faster....yeah....its 6 months vs 13 months or even more....

And I guess that if his wife got an ITA....she must have the documentation ready.....

The ielts is the only document for ee that expires....

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
GLSB said:
And faster....yeah....its 6 months vs 13 months or even more....

And I guess that if his wife got an ITA....she must have the documentation ready.....

The ielts is the only document for ee that expires....
In terms of documents have everything except pcc which i need to apply again ...but since i am based out at quebec montreal they might as they might ask for intention to move outside of Quebec in later stages ..

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
poisonapple said:
In terms of documents have everything except pcc which i need to apply again ...but since i am based out at quebec montreal they might as they might ask for intention to move outside of Quebec in later stages ..
Do we need to send physical copy of PCC in EE? I though it was upload through CSE. If you have scanned copy of PCC then you might not need apply again.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
APPNOV2014NY said:
Do we need to send physical copy of PCC in EE? I though it was upload through CSE. If you have scanned copy of PCC then you might not need apply again.
Initially you need to send scan copy but i believe in later stages they must be asking physical copy...

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
poisonapple said:
Initially you need to send scan copy but i believe in later stages they must be asking physical copy...
ITA to PPR is around 6 months. I doubt if there would be any "later" stage ;D

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
APPNOV2014NY said:
ITA to PPR is around 6 months. I doubt if there would be any "later" stage ;D
The Express Entry six-month processing standard begins when an application is assessed as complete and is promoted in the Global Case Management System (GCMS).

APPNOV2016

Oct 7, 2016
Guys,

I am also in the same boat... applied federal through CSQ in November but due to change in rules in November my score went to 495 by which itself i would have got ITA but before the next draw happened got nomination from Ontario and score went further up to 1095 and received ITA in december. I know for express entry processing time is 6 months and i have seen some people getting PR within 6 months of application. This is faster but i want to know if i can apply for federal through express entry(only 40 days left to submit) again as i probably need to sign form for intention to reside in Ontario. Since i currently reside in QC with job, little inclined for it but i am open to both provinces as both have opportunities in my job field. Please suggest your opinion. And if i decline the invitation, will i be back in the pool?

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
APPNOV2016 said:
Guys,

I am also in the same boat... applied federal through CSQ in November but due to change in rules in November my score went to 495 by which itself i would have got ITA but before the next draw happened got nomination from Ontario and score went further up to 1095 and received ITA in december. I know for express entry processing time is 6 months and i have seen some people getting PR within 6 months of application. This is faster but i want to know if i can apply for federal through express entry(only 40 days left to submit) again as i probably need to sign form for intention to reside in Ontario. Since i currently reside in QC with job, little inclined for it but i am open to both provinces as both have opportunities in my job field. Please suggest your opinion. And if i decline the invitation, will i be back in the pool?
Have you received AOR ? You need to sign intent to reside in ontario and also withdraw your federal application which is process through CSQ . They may also send a query on your intention since you are already in QC and working you need to give them convincing justification like job offer or something ..

you will be in pool as long as you maintain score for cutoff ....

APPNOV2016

Oct 7, 2016
Not yet hopefully next week. Yeah that's why i was hesitant to submit my app through express entry. But i heard in some cic website that you can submit 2 applications. Whichever gets processed faster they will consider that and will ask us to withdraw the other. See below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/multiple.asp
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-we-havesubmit-two-ee-pr-applications-in-process-t391599.0.html

It says you can submit 2 applications but for different programs like FSW and a PNP or FSW and a CEC but not same category both. I am not sure if QSW(paper based) and OINP(through express entry) are considered different programs.

I guess the knowledge in these forums is more than what a lawyer can suggest. But this is a real tricky question which only CIC can answer :p