+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

fed up of uk canadian married in uk with 2 kids

derekfitz

Jan 28, 2007
hi
please can any one tell me how to go about moving my family legally over to vancover. i am a canadian passport holder who has lived in the uk since i was 3 iam now married with two children 11 and 7 we are fed up with life in the uk and feel its time realise a better way of life.ive trawled the internet for info bout i seem to get more confussed the more i look.could some one let me know the best course of action to get it in motion (i want to leave tomorrow)iam a skilled construction worker of the past 25 years and ive read in the press that canada has a shortage of skilled labour please could any one put me intouch with any civil enginering companys that are in the vancover area.
sorry to ask so much but i really need pointing in the right direction and the relevant information is a bit confussing so is there any kind hearted soul out there who could help me out thanx

trick-r-treat

Jan 18, 2007
I'm not sure if I understand this - you are fed up and just up and leaving with nothing lined up? Where are you going to stay? You have children to support - how are you planning to live until you find something?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

derekfitz said:
hi
please can any one tell me how to go about moving my family legally over to vancover. i am a canadian passport holder who has lived in the uk since i was 3 iam now married with two children 11 and 7 we are fed up with life in the uk and feel its time realise a better way of life.ive trawled the internet for info bout i seem to get more confussed the more i look.could some one let me know the best course of action to get it in motion (i want to leave tomorrow)iam a skilled construction worker of the past 25 years and ive read in the press that canada has a shortage of skilled labour please could any one put me intouch with any civil enginering companys that are in the vancover area.
sorry to ask so much but i really need pointing in the right direction and the relevant information is a bit confussing so is there any kind hearted soul out there who could help me out thanx
1. Assuming your were a Canadian citizen when your children were born, then they are Canadians as while, unless you obtained your citizenship through decent.
2. Then you can submit a sponsorship for your wife see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/fc.html and obtain citizenship cards/limited validity passports for the children. As you are a Canadian you can submit an application while residing outside Canada, but you have to include a statement as to what your plans are for settlement, job, education, and what efforts you have made along those lines.
3. If you were born outside Canada to a Canadian citizen who also was born outside Canada, then you should read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizen/retention-worksheet.html

PMM