Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
HELLO dear Fellows;
Subject: SECURITY CHECK.....understanding
When the IRCC officer tells you that you have passed MEP, Eligibility, and Criminality, and now in SECURITY CHECK! i hear very widely that this stage takes around many months!!? BUT, how about many of our fellows who got their PPR within 2 or 3 months max, how did their applications were security checked so fast? is there two types of security check like security screening? why some others "minority" stay for even a year in security screening?

I am asking this question because i believe many of us are in this stage or very soon to be in it.

Your expertise please?
@jes_ON
It takes as long as is required. Some younger people with limited travel history, work experience etc. may proceed quickly. It's also dependent upon your nationality, and the level of cooperation between your government and the Canadian government.

Some people are in IP2 for days, others up to a year...

Reactions: jes_ON

Chandra51188

Nov 16, 2018
HELLO dear Fellows;
Subject: SECURITY CHECK.....understanding
When the IRCC officer tells you that you have passed MEP, Eligibility, and Criminality, and now in SECURITY CHECK! i hear very widely that this stage takes around many months!!? BUT, how about many of our fellows who got their PPR within 2 or 3 months max, how did their applications were security checked so fast? is there two types of security check like security screening? why some others "minority" stay for even a year in security screening?

I am asking this question because i believe many of us are in this stage or very soon to be in it.

Your expertise please?
@jes_ON
This is true for family sponsorship but not for Express entry .

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
By close I did not mean in terms of time! :p I meant in process. MEP and eligibility are the biggest hurdles in this process and finishing off means your chances of rejection are very minimum now. Hence, you are very close to PPR. Matter of time. All the best.
I completely disagree with what you have said. MEP could be a hurdle (which I refer to, take a bit of time) if you did not do it upfront. Eligibility and Criminality are processed a lot faster than security UNLESS either of one goes 'under review' . Security is the one takes the most time.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Saw this posted on another forum, it's a good theory to explain the huge variations we see in processing and the various anecdotes of people getting their CoPRs in weeks or less, etc. I also like the fact that it encourages one to just put the old feet up, grab a drink of choice, and relax :)

http://askkubeir.com/what-is-my-application-status/

Jadedrio

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Saw this posted on another forum, it's a good theory to explain the huge variations we see in processing and the various anecdotes of people getting their CoPRs in weeks or less, etc. I also like the fact that it encourages one to just put the old feet up, grab a drink of choice, and relax :)

Love this!!! What i have been saying. Each case is different due to a wide variety of factors. So the fact that you have same AOR or come from the same country doesnt mean you will get PPR the same time. Just sit back and relax

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016

Thats real... in the same time it is nice Ads for getting GCMS ;)

vbhar1

Jul 15, 2018
Hi All, any idea on how do we change current residential address post medical and biometrics...my permanent address is still the same but my current residence just changed

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Hi All, any idea on how do we change current residential address post medical and biometrics...my permanent address is still the same but my current residence just changed
Send your updated address to IRCC using Webform, or call them to update

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
A few people here should go look at the Sep and Aug AOR threads for some perspective. :)

Just relax, there is like <5% chance of you Feb guys receiving PPR now (see immitracker, @ 3% https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/statuses-by-months-of-submission). :) not being negative, just being honest.

These forums are excellent places to learn about the process and to keep each other company. But to start expecting PPR now for Feb and to be calling IRCC to get answers now is just sorry to say a bit futile. Lets all learn to chill (myself included! I'm in the Jan group and in the same boat as everyone here!)