Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Worst date ever. For me 8feb is black day from now on
Whats bad for you can be good for someone else.
My friend with Feb 8 Aor received his ppr on the 92 day, moved to canada and got a job too...
Its our bad luck, the dates have nothing to do with it :(

LuckyCent

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Serious patience you have kept... Its quite frustrating to see this

Anyways... How is Ahmed Hussen different from Mr. Goodale and how to contact him?
Eligibility Recommended Pass, Criminality Passed and Security Not Started. Been in final review queue since May 9th.

Initial 6 month estimation ended on May 2nd. According to GCMS notes received this month I should have got my PPR by May 23rd. Medical expiring on October 16th. No update since April 26.

1st remainder expired on June 3rd
2nd remainder expired on July 14
3rd remainder expired on July 26th
4th remainder is expiring today August 29th
They will probably send 5th remainder and give a new date at sometime in September when I call them tomorrow.

Contacted Mr. Goodale twice and his office responded with the same status as they did back in May.
Contacted Mr.Ahmed Hussen earlier in the month and his office responded with the same status.

Request to transfer application from Case Processing Centre Ottawa to New Delhi Visa Office in June was refused stating that it will affect program integrity and a transfer will delay the processing times further by atleast two months. Irony, is that I have already completed two months since then

Request to withdraw my application in July was refused because my application is in final review queue and decision is pending officer's final review. So basically, application cannot be withdrawn when it is in the final processing stage.

I'm just patiently waiting now to complete 1 year and join the November 2019 batch :)

LuckyCent

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
@legalfalcon

Thank You for creating the group.

I was asked to deposit RPRF on 13 August and uploaded the receipt after depositing the same on 13 August. It has been two weeks and there has been no update in my application/ profile.

As per mail received from MP Ralph's office on 26 August:

Dear LuckyCent – I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Feb 14, 2019. It is at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa.

Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications are completed within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Criminality passed.

Eligibility is in progress – recommend pass.

Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Feb 2020.

Sincerely,

Robyn Sullivan

Office of the Hon. Ralph Goodale, MP

Regina-Wascana

Can you please guide regarding my probability of receiving PPR?

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Luck is a very tricky thing... you never know when it is with you n when it is on the other side
Luck and me haven't been introduced yet, so I've no idea how it feels to be lucky....:p

Reactions: Amit22

munindra

Jun 15, 2019
AOR - Feb 18

Just now had a chat with an agent. She informed that my status is as follows:
Eligibility - recommend pass
criminality - pass
Medical - pass
Security - not initiated
last time any one worked on it - Aug 15

The agent was very polite but refused to put in a reminder to the officer on my file. She said things look in order. Officer are reviewing the application and they will give their decision in due course.

Are there any useful insights in the above. This is the same update we received from Mr. Goodale's office a week back.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

shuooo

Aug 30, 2019
Hi all, I have been following this thread for a while now. First of all, thank you all for sharing.

My AOR is Feb 26th, FSW inland, my husband is primary applicant working in Canada, and I'm the dependent with a study permit.
Passed the 6month milestone and I called IRCC.

Here's my timeline:
Medical passed : April 11
Biometric request for dependent : April 15th and went to the States to submit my finger prints on April 19th.
First GU: May 3rd
Second GU: May 9th
(At that point, we thought PPR would come soon. However...went silent ever since)

Contact an MP in my area( not Goodale) on Aug 9th. Turns out when you are in Canada, whether you are a PR or visitor, you can contact your local MP's office and request information on immigration status. You can find the right MP with your postal code.

Got a call back from the MP's office on Aug 14th.
Criminality, Eligibility all passed. Security check has already started.
After reading all the posts here, I had the feeling that we entered the so called, time-consuming SS.

Called IRCC on Aug 27th, day 1 after joining VIP club.
A nice lady with a French accent answer the call. I stated the fact that it's passed 6 months then she said she would put a note(reminder) on my file for the visa officer. She also confirmed that everything is done except security.
No estimated time frame.

So that'y my story. Good luck all!

LuckyCent

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Got reply from CPC OTTAWA

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

curious_furious

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-02-2019
Is there a way to highlight delays to IRCC which can force the visa officer to clear up pending cases in their bucket... a Twitter handle may be...

zodiac212

Jul 31, 2019
i am 6 months and 15 days past, AOR feb15 , last update was the RPPF was april 9th and nothing after that, when contacted MP came to know my eligibility requires review and security not yet started .So i raised a web form and got reply on August 28th saying my application is on queue awaiting review of an officer , you will be notified in due course.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
I talked to an agent on Wednesday and asked her to send a message to the Visa officer, which she agreed to send right away. However, I could not trust this officer a bit as she was not friendly and very cold. This was the first time I got such an agent, all the previous ones were super nice. I knew from my previous calls that she can't send that reminder to the visa officer now, so I decided to follow up by calling them again today. I had a long list of questions and was hoping to get a nice and patient agent. Fortunately I got one and the conversation lasted around 40 minutes in total.
I am listing some of the questions here.

1. I asked if they send the message as agreed on Wednesday, the answer was no. I was not surprised at all. When I called them on Aug 15, they told me that my next delay due date is Sep 14 and they could send a reminder only if there is further updates on my profile by that date. So, technically there was no way she could have send a reminder, but why did she agree to do so then is beyond my imagination. I guess its the general trend with these people agreeing to do this they have no intention of doing.

2. Since my eligibility is recommended pass, I asked when can I expect it to be accepted pass by the immigration officer. I was told its a case by case scenario, some gets accepted within hours and some takes weeks. Anyway, I am day on 17 with recommended pass, could be here for a while as per the general trend.

3. Who recommended pass for my eligibility, a program assistant, case analyst or someone else? She could not answer as this is an internal procedure and no information is available to the client support agents on the matter.

4.what are the remaining steps? Eligibility to should be deemed as pass/met. BG check must be done and accepted as pass. then they will send me instructions to get documents to complete my landing.

5.When is the next delay due date? Its given as 22 September. On 15 August, it was 14 September, they just extended it by another 8 days with out doing anything else on the file.

6.Which part is complex/difficult to verify on my application? No information available to her, Only the visa officer can answer this question. As per the system my application is complete, all documents are available and they don't need any information.

7.Is there any point in expecting a result at all? What is the worst case scenario she knows?
She could not comment on this. However, told me that I am not alone in the situation (like I needed her to tell that) and there are more people in similar situation than I can imagine. I just said it doesn't make me feel better, instead I just feel sorry for all of them.

8. Why this entire process doesn't have any transparency? She could not comment on this either.

9. Does these visa officers have any deadlines to follow? are they accountable for missing deadlines? Do they have to answer to anyone for delayed processing of an application? (this was the main question I wanted to ask, I had guessed the answer, I just wanted to hear it from someone on the other end, that's all)
The answer i got is (@curious_furious please take note)
"No, once an application is assigned to an officer, its all in their hands. they will accept it if they feel like they can accept it, they will put it on hold if they feel like they need more time to process it. They might choose application that are easier to process over applications that might take longer to process. They don't have any real deadlines, your dead line was extended by the visa officer without any explanation. So, you can understand, its all down to the visa officer and he will work on an application only when he wants to work on it. Even if we send them reminders they can reply by saying that they still need to double check something or they couldn't verify some information."
Well I kinda knew this already from talking to someone who used work in a VO.

Anyway she is the 4th agent so far to tell me that what the agents tell us is not always true or update information. Some agents sugar coat their words and will try not to disappoint you, some will try not to give you hope. Sometimes, they might not have the latest information because the VO did not update the file also they have no access to the internal processes.
Anyway, I want to believe that last bit, it's been my gut feeling for a while.

To all the Visa officers who don't give a damn about our time, feeling,money, hopes and dreams, I wish you all rot in hell :p You guys have made respect the good for nothing, lazy government employees I have seen in other countries. they are far better than you lot.

avarics

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
ok, My friend has applied under PNP on 3 march. His sent a mail to Ralph Office , he got a reply, Criminality passed, Everything else is not started yet (visa office Delhi.) . Yesterday He got his GCMS . On may 4th, His Profile was under Review Required. Funds not sufficient and Not mentioning previous visa refusal.

His Stupid Agent, Forgot to mention these things.

curious_furious

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-02-2019
I talked to an agent on Wednesday and asked her to send a message to the Visa officer, which she agreed to send right away. However, I could not trust this officer a bit as she was not friendly and very cold. This was the first time I got such an agent, all the previous ones were super nice. I knew from my previous calls that she can't send that reminder to the visa officer now, so I decided to follow up by calling them again today. I had a long list of questions and was hoping to get a nice and patient agent. Fortunately I got one and the conversation lasted around 40 minutes in total.
I am listing some of the questions here.

1. I asked if they send the message as agreed on Wednesday, the answer was no. I was not surprised at all. When I called them on Aug 15, they told me that my next delay due date is Sep 14 and they could send a reminder only if there is further updates on my profile by that date. So, technically there was no way she could have send a reminder, but why did she agree to do so then is beyond my imagination. I guess its the general trend with these people agreeing to do this they have no intention of doing.

2. Since my eligibility is recommended pass, I asked when can I expect it to be accepted pass by the immigration officer. I was told its a case by case scenario, some gets accepted within hours and some takes weeks. Anyway, I am day on 17 with recommended pass, could be here for a while as per the general trend.

3. Who recommended pass for my eligibility, a program assistant, case analyst or someone else? She could not answer as this is an internal procedure and no information is available to the client support agents on the matter.

4.what are the remaining steps? Eligibility to should be deemed as pass/met. BG check must be done and accepted as pass. then they will send me instructions to get documents to complete my landing.

5.When is the next delay due date? Its given as 22 September. On 15 August, it was 14 September, they just extended it by another 8 days with out doing anything else on the file.

6.Which part is complex/difficult to verify on my application? No information available to her, Only the visa officer can answer this question. As per the system my application is complete, all documents are available and they don't need any information.

7.Is there any point in expecting a result at all? What is the worst case scenario she knows?
She could not comment on this. However, told me that I am not alone in the situation (like I needed her to tell that) and there are more people in similar situation than I can imagine. I just said it doesn't make me feel better, instead I just feel sorry for all of them.

8. Why this entire process doesn't have any transparency? She could not comment on this either.

9. Does these visa officers have any deadlines to follow? are they accountable for missing deadlines? Do they have to answer to anyone for delayed processing of an application? (this was the main question I wanted to ask, I had guessed the answer, I just wanted to hear it from someone on the other end, that's all)
The answer i got is (@curious_furious please take note)
"No, once an application is assigned to an officer, its all in their hands. they will accept it if they feel like they can accept it, they will put it on hold if they feel like they need more time to process it. They might choose application that are easier to process over applications that might take longer to process. They don't have any real deadlines, your dead line was extended by the visa officer without any explanation. So, you can understand, its all down to the visa officer and he will work on an application only when he wants to work on it. Even if we send them reminders they can reply by saying that they still need to double check something or they couldn't verify some information."
Well I kinda knew this already from talking to someone who used work in a VO.

Anyway she is the 4th agent so far to tell me that what the agents tell us is not always true or update information. Some agents sugar coat their words and will try not to disappoint you, some will try not to give you hope. Sometimes, they might not have the latest information because the VO did not update the file also they have no access to the internal processes.
Anyway, I want to believe that last bit, it's been my gut feeling for a while.

To all the Visa officers who don't give a damn about our time, feeling,money, hopes and dreams, I wish you all rot in hell :p You guys have made respect the good for nothing, lazy government employees I have seen in other countries. they are far better than you lot.
the post is really helpful ... good to know the real picture ... thanks

I am no longer curious... only Furious !!