+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI report and visa app fee - basic questions.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I need help on below two questions.

1) For FBI certificate, Can we download the finger print form from FBI site on plain paper?
Will FBI accept this?

2) For Visa office office, what mode of payment allows us to know our cheque/payment has been cashed by CIC?
Is the cashier cheque or any other way of payment?

Thanks,

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:
Hi,

I need help on below two questions.

1) For FBI certificate, Can we download the finger print form from FBI site on plain paper?
Will FBI accept this?

2) For Visa office office, what mode of payment allows us to know our cheque/payment has been cashed by CIC?

Thanks,
1) Yes. If you download the form from the FBI at the bottom of the page it says they "will accept a downloaded paper fingerprint card for the purposes of requesting an FBI Identification Record through Departmental Order 556-73." They will also accept "a fingerprint card on standard card stock ... provided by the fingerprinting agency."

2) Depends on your bank what they allow you to track. That's why credit cards are helpful when paying the CIO :)

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for reply. so it mean they will not accept the form printed on paper from us. We only use card provided by fingerprinting agency. (not many in canada)

Also can we pay visa fee like $550 using credit card?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:
Thanks for reply. so it mean they will not accept the form printed on paper from us. We only use card provided by fingerprinting agency. (not many in canada)

Also can we pay visa fee like $550 using credit card?
You are welcome! They will accept EITHER the paper form OR the card from a fingerprinting agency whatever is best for you.

The $550 processing fee payable to the CIO in Sydney, NS you can pay with a credit card.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry i am confused.
as per this text;
"will accept a downloaded paper fingerprint card for the purposes of requesting an FBI Identification Record through Departmental Order 556-73". What is mean by departmental order. We as individuals are not a departmental order.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:
Will FBI accept this?
1.) Yes you can download the finger print form from FBI site on plain paper and use it. I have done so and many others as well and we got our FBI record.
2.) Iit depends on your bank, but banks would let u know when your drafts are encashed on enquiry. credit Card is another mode where you come to know that amount has been debited from your card

cuccoo0

Jan 31, 2009
ankit_20 said:
1.) Yes you can download the finger print form from FBI site on plain paper and use it. I have done so and many others as well and we got our FBI record.
2.) Iit depends on your bank, but banks would let u know when your drafts are encashed on enquiry. credit Card is another mode where you come to know that amount has been debited from your card
Hi
Yes its true i have also downloaded mine on a 90 gram paper and got mine last month after 9 weeks. Just make sure you make 2 3 finger print recods and send all of these so that if some detail is missing from one they could use the second paper.
Hope this helps
Regards

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks all for reply. Regarding fee, what abt certified check or cashier cheque will not work? do we know when they will en-cashed. for draft, we need to call bank to get details abt encash.

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fingerprints should be sent, along with a certified cheque or money order for US$18 or CC information made payable to the U.S Treasury, to:

FBI
Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS Division)
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306
USA

The processing of these requests normally takes between six (6) and eight (8) weeks.

Immigrant_sa

May 15, 2010
I have been asked to provide PCC from the US. I have started the process, but do I need to get another one from the state I live in?

Thanks,

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigrant_sa said:
I have been asked to provide PCC from the US. I have started the process, but do I need to get another one from the state I live in?

Thanks,
If you are in the USA, you need to get FBI clearance as well as clearances from all states where you have stayed more than 6 months since you turned 18. Refer to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp for additional information. It is not mandatory but if requested down the line, may delay the app process...so it's a better idea that you submit it before hand...it adds to the overall authenticity of the application.