+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fastest way to obtain a Canadian visa for moving to Canada all family

ConstantinM

Jan 18, 2017
Hi to all experienced people on this forum!

I am determined to move to Canada from Romania together with my wife (35 years old - economic studies) and daughter (4 years old). I am 35 and I am an engineer. I know English and a little bit of French.
My question to you is: which is the fastest way to obtain a Canadian visa? Through Bucharest office (in Romania) or Vienna office (in Austria)?
Fast I mean duration to obtain it, not to put papers together. :)

Thank you,
Constantin

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
ConstantinM said:
Hi to all experienced people on this forum!

I am determined to move to Canada from Romania together with my wife (35 years old - economic studies) and daughter (4 years old). I am 35 and I am an engineer. I know English and a little bit of French.
My question to you is: which is the fastest way to obtain a Canadian visa? Through Bucharest office (in Romania) or Vienna office (in Austria)?
Fast I mean duration to obtain it, not to put papers together. :)

Thank you,
Constantin
You don't apply to either of those in order to "move" to Canada. You start here. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

ConstantinM

Jan 18, 2017
Thanks so much!

But...why the word "move" is not acceptable? I understand that correct formulation is immigrate, but when you do this with all your family is actually the same thing with moving...

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
Selection of visa office is not your choice. It is the CIC which decides the VO. As Zardoc said you should assess yourself whether you qualify to immigrate first.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ConstantinM said:
Thanks so much!

But...why the word "move" is not acceptable? I understand that correct formulation is immigrate, but when you do this with all your family is actually the same thing with moving...
It's not the same thing. Some people will move to Canada temporarily on work permits or study permits. Others move permanently by immigrating. So important to differentiate what your objective is.

As others have explained, you can't pick your visa office - that's out of your control. CIC will select your visa office.

abc_27

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should see if you qualify for Express Entry and after that apply for this immigration program. I think this is the way. It is pretty hard to find a job offer from Romania and to apply for LMIA.