+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAQ

shanbaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
rupeshhari
thank u for ur guidance to so many people
do u know how much time it normally take between sending full docs and recieving medical letter, in fast track cat 1

how many people alredy recv medical letter approximatly

vmirkhani

Apr 9, 2009
Re: Common questions

Hi dear Friend
Could you help me by sending a copy of your Schedule 3 ( work experience details copy) by e.mail , please.
CIO has returned my forms back to me because they have written to me , my work experience details were not complete .
Many Thanks in advance
vmirkhani@yahoo.com
I applied my PR in August 2008 from New Delhi, India. I received letter in Jan 2009 from CIC to submit full application.I submitted it by March 20, 2009.

Please guide me in how much time i can expect medical exams?

More important is in how much time(in months) they will inquire from my current and past employers?

I'll be highly thankful if seniors will respond to my query.

Thanks & Regards
Hardeep
[/quote]

manvi

Apr 9, 2009
application trf to nova scotia but

My application has been transferred to nova scotia sydney on march 9th but not yet received any information after that , i am a sales manager , earlier it didnt fall in noc list of nov 2008 . I want to ask when will my status will be uploaded . Will it be rejected or not ? How long will it take to be changed ? Can any one guide me?

sifarsen

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC,ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Apr 08
Doc's Request.
21 Apr 09
Med's Request
06 Nov 09
Med's Done....
08 Dec 09
Passport Req..
06 Nov 09
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 09
LANDED..........
04 June 10
Links for IELTS preparation

Well...for everyone's benefit, I am posting the links here...one is from an english site...and other is from a russian site...but u can download frm that...My advise is that...please practice more and more...and also try to find out where you r making mistakes...please review your mistakes...its always good to see the questiones before you start listening or reading...so that you know the information u need to look for.
the links are as follows:
1. http://artefact.lib.ru/languages/eng_textbooks_ielts.shtml
2. http://forum.4shared.com/viewtopic.php?p=13091&sid=f8bb46ee13a4950c66c09ceece20dd4d

download all the materials...and practice...if u face any difficulty...let me know...wish u good luck..

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Links for IELTS preparation

sifarsen said:
Well...for everyone's benefit, I am posting the links here...one is from an english site...and other is from a russian site...but u can download frm that...My advise is that...please practice more and more...and also try to find out where you r making mistakes...please review your mistakes...its always good to see the questiones before you start listening or reading...so that you know the information u need to look for.
the links are as follows:
1. http://artefact.lib.ru/languages/eng_textbooks_ielts.shtml
2. http://forum.4shared.com/viewtopic.php?p=13091&sid=f8bb46ee13a4950c66c09ceece20dd4d

download all the materials...and practice...if u face any difficulty...let me know...wish u good luck..

Thanks 'sifarsen' , you are doing really great job. I have downloaded already many things from above links. There is really very usefull stuff for IELTS. I will highly recommend for all who are going to take IELTS.

Asterisk

Mar 16, 2009
I have read somewhere in this thread that in case the space on the forms is not enough to give the details, we can attach another sheet and specify the things in details
My quesries are:

1) If I am unable to completely specify the name of the organisation in the space provided, how do I mention it in the form? I would be abe to explain the detials in the extra sheet that I attach but how do u fit a big name in the form

2) The extra sheet should attached to the individual forms separately.Is there anything which we should avoid doing.I mean stapling the sheet with the form should be ok right? Or the forms have to kept separate form the sheets that we are sending

please answer my queries!

Aneed

Jul 31, 2008
Hi
It is very rich resource of information , I heard about the new rules issued in April ,my career is under the umbrella of the enlisted 8 occupations but the problem is within my experience because it is less than the minimum limit , is there any chance to benefit from the new rules ??

baran_ra

Apr 19, 2009
company trainer

hello ..pleas help me..I am a college teacher ..i have been teaching for about 2 years as part time job but the hours are not equivalent to 1 year full time...i work full time as polymer engineer in another company and simultaneously i teach the employees there and i am paid seprately for teaching in the that company...can i count the hours i teach the employees in that company....can i call this part time job, company trainer and does 4131 includ this part time job? the hrsdc says that:
This unit group also includes trainers who are employed by private training establishments, companies, community agencies and governments to deliver internal training or development courses.

another thing...do they want me to prove that teaching was in english at college?

faithp

Apr 18, 2009
Hi! Im from the Philippines and i also have similar situation to most of you. I have submitted my FSW application last Oct. 22, 2008 including my husband and 6 yrs old son. I never expected that they will reply soon considering I was not yet aware of the new immigration law. I received a reply last Nov. 19, 2008 stating that the visa office started processing my application last Nov. 5, 2008 and it also state in the letter my visa file number and AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt). That gave me hope. I was included under the new immigration law and my NOC was not included in the 38 demand NOC list. But I tried looking to one of the main duties of one NOC included in top 38 list -0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers, the employment requirements is very similar to mine. Everytime I checked my status online its states my application is "in process". Not until I checked my status last month. It is still "in process" though in addition, it also states that they sent my application to Sydney, Nova Scotia C-50 office. And they may contact me.
I'm confused and worried. Will my application be approved? Is there any chance? Im looking to the idea that I have a file number already and they issued me AOR. Is there any chance on my application? Im worried if they reject my application because my NOC number is not in their list. Need help!

Faithp

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Job search site:

http://www.canadavisa.com/career_zone/canadian-immigration-job-search.htm

mujahidspl

Star Member
Apr 15, 2009
Dear All,

i just want to know that the immigration file of mine which i submitted in islamabad office pakistan, is now forwarded to CIU sydney canada. IS THIS A GOOD NEWS FOR ME??????

I applied as per simplified process system and i submitted just my application form and fee voucher.

I did apply as secondary school teacher 1414 and now my position has changed i am principal of my school.

Thanks and regards

MM

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
if you noc code is one of the 38 listed its good news and your application will be fast tracked.
unfortunately 1414 secondary teachers and 0313 secondary school principal doesn't fall in the 38 jobs list andthey will return your application and fee.
try to check the cic website and check if your duties fall in one of the 38 nocs then you can reapply under that code.

canaan1975

Apr 27, 2009
My son has a different surname to mine

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site and I may not be writing this question on the right place please don't get upset with me. I'm currently applying for immigration to Canada together with my two kids a girl and a boy, but no mum. They are 11 and 9 respectively. My first born's documents are OK, I'm talking about birth certificates and stuff like that but my son has a different surname to mine, will this be a problem? Their mum will not be coming with us, she is not part of the family now. My ex(their mum) and I were never married and she is OK with the idea of the kids moving to Canada with me, so there is no problem with regards to this. The other problem is, I live in a foreign country at the moment and I can't afford to go back to my country of birth where my kids are only to have my son's surname changed. Do I need a written authorisation from their mum, especially my son who doesn't have my surname, to take the kids with? Please help?

Thank you

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i think you do need the written permission as far as i understand but i have no experience in this so best to wait for someone else to answer.
Is there some proof that the two children are your children (such as birth certificate, etc). You may need one of those proof.

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
Re: My son has a different surname to mine

canaan1975 said:
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site and I may not be writing this question on the right place please don't get upset with me. I'm currently applying for immigration to Canada together with my two kids a girl and a boy, but no mum. They are 11 and 9 respectively. My first born's documents are OK, I'm talking about birth certificates and stuff like that but my son has a different surname to mine, will this be a problem? Their mum will not be coming with us, she is not part of the family now. My ex(their mum) and I were never married and she is OK with the idea of the kids moving to Canada with me, so there is no problem with regards to this. The other problem is, I live in a foreign country at the moment and I can't afford to go back to my country of birth where my kids are only to have my son's surname changed. Do I need a written authorisation from their mum, especially my son who doesn't have my surname, to take the kids with? Please help?

Thank you
i think you need some kind of proof. I will wait for some seniors to give advice on this. If nothing else works, probably 'adoption' way works. Not sure. good luck my friend.