+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family sponsorship- Quebec

Sheekie

Feb 17, 2020
My husband is Canadian citizen living in Quebec. I live in India.
We applied in Oct 2019.
Done with medical and biometric.
Asked for CSQ from Quebec, they returned file saying payment incomplete. We sent money order. IRCC extended the date to April 2020.
Will my application be paused till Quebec replies with CSQ?
Also there is a form that the person being sponsored fills and signs.
I dont remember signing it, my lawyer didnt ask me.
Does that mean my application from Quebec will be returned again?
Can you please help me, I really want to go live with him.
This is really frustrating

Reactions: Canada&CO

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My husband is Canadian citizen living in Quebec. I live in India.
We applied in Oct 2019.
Done with medical and biometric.
Asked for CSQ from Quebec, they returned file saying payment incomplete. We sent money order. IRCC extended the date to April 2020.
Will my application be paused till Quebec replies with CSQ?
Also there is a form that the person being sponsored fills and signs.
I dont remember signing it, my lawyer didnt ask me.
Does that mean my application from Quebec will be returned again?
Can you please help me, I really want to go live with him.
This is really frustrating
IRCC will continue processing the app while waiting for the CSQ but the app cannot be approved without it.

If you didn't sign a form that was required to be signed, yes, it will likely be returned.

A.J.H

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
guys , am sponsoring my wife from jordan , i live in quebec, IRCC sent me the letter to send for CSQ ON OCT 18 and i sent the CSQ application on OCT 20 . since iv sent it i didn't receive anything from quebec not even a confirmation that they received my mail or application is that normal. ?
i know on quebec immigration website they said they have delay and they are still processing files up to sep 24

Sheekie

Feb 17, 2020
IRCC will continue processing the app while waiting for the CSQ but the app cannot be approved without it.

If you didn't sign a form that was required to be signed, yes, it will likely be returned.
My lawyer says I dont need to sign that form. Now I dont understand why. He didnt give me a reason. So I just take his word? This is the form which you submit along with undertaking.

Sheekie

Feb 17, 2020
My lawyer says I dont need to sign that form. Now I dont understand why. He didnt give me a reason. So I just take his word? This is the form which you submit along with undertaking.
I dont need to submit the form I was told. Do you have an idea why?

Sheekie

Feb 17, 2020
guys , am sponsoring my wife from jordan , i live in quebec, IRCC sent me the letter to send for CSQ ON OCT 18 and i sent the CSQ application on OCT 20 . since iv sent it i didn't receive anything from quebec not even a confirmation that they received my mail or application is that normal. ?
i know on quebec immigration website they said they have delay and they are still processing files up to sep 24
Quebec has been slow, happened to us. We even went and asked them at office they stated that they are held up. You or your lawyer can email IRCC saying that you need an extension as Quebec is delaying-before the IRCC deadline. We applied in December and were asked to submit by Jan. So we asked for extension- now IRCC extended our csq deadline to April.

Canada&CO

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Hi A.J.H. Do you have any idea when they took the money from your credit card? If it was your payment option. Please let me know. The received my application on Jan 15 and I want to cancel my card but I cant before the payment :(.

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am not familiar with the Quebec forms, so I don't know. Check the guide and the form.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You've hired a lawyer, unfortunately none of us are privy to your communications with your lawyer. If you don't trust your lawyer, you should speak to them about it.

A.J.H

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Hi A.J.H. Do you have any idea when they took the money from your credit card? If it was your payment option. Please let me know. The received my application on Jan 15 and I want to cancel my card but I cant before the payment :(.

Thanks!
they have my file called them today , i paid with canada post money order so its prepaid

drondon07

Jan 18, 2020
My husband is from Quebec and we have a lawyer too and we were asked to sign some forms. I’m the person being sponsored and I signed two forms.