+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family sponsorship dependent child (inland -Quebec ) getting hopeless

Bhargavg2002

Star Member
Aug 20, 2017
Things get complicated and unnecessarily bureaucratic with presence in Quebec. here is my timeline ,
Type : Family Sponsorship - Dependent Child - Inland -Quebec
application by mail : 04- Dec-2020
Acknowledgment by IRCC that I met Federal requirement : 19-Feb-2021
CSQ and sponsorship approval by MIDI Quebec and : 09- Apr-2021
After this letter no request for biometrics or approval in principle(AIP) for my 2 year old daughter.

what shouldn't take more than 3 months I have already spent 6 months and this issue is with the health care for children in Quebec. We found it too difficult to find an appointment for a child without RAMQ . The RAMQ will not be issued without the AIP, which is supposed to be released in a weeks time from CSQ approval.

The pathetic part is you pay money for both IRCC and MIDI and pay taxes to end up paying from your own pocket for the medical expenses of your child.

Anyways., if you are in similar boat or any suggestion to get things moving, please reply...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Things get complicated and unnecessarily bureaucratic with presence in Quebec. here is my timeline ,
Type : Family Sponsorship - Dependent Child - Inland -Quebec
application by mail : 04- Dec-2020
Acknowledgment by IRCC that I met Federal requirement : 19-Feb-2021
CSQ and sponsorship approval by MIDI Quebec and : 09- Apr-2021
After this letter no request for biometrics or approval in principle(AIP) for my 2 year old daughter.

what shouldn't take more than 3 months I have already spent 6 months and this issue is with the health care for children in Quebec. We found it too difficult to find an appointment for a child without RAMQ . The RAMQ will not be issued without the AIP, which is supposed to be released in a weeks time from CSQ approval.

The pathetic part is you pay money for both IRCC and MIDI and pay taxes to end up paying from your own pocket for the medical expenses of your child.

Anyways., if you are in similar boat or any suggestion to get things moving, please reply...
Unfortunately I can't answer your RAMQ question. Hopefully someone else can help.

There's no AIP with dependent child sponsorship applications. They are treated as outland applications even if the child is in Canada.

Reactions: Bhargavg2002

Bhargavg2002

Star Member
Aug 20, 2017
Unfortunately I can't answer your RAMQ question. Hopefully someone else can help.

There's no AIP with dependent child sponsorship applications. They are treated as outland applications even if the child is in Canada.
If this is true I would have to wait for an year as per the current processing times for family sponsorships.