+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

family sponsership

phoebe

May 12, 2008
Hi Our son's sponsership was approved and the application for permanent residence went to London. It is 3 months since we sent all documents off and we have heard nothing, will they reply if we e-mail them, how long will it take. phoebe

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

phoebe said:
Hi Our son's sponsership was approved and the application for permanent residence went to London. It is 3 months since we sent all documents off and we have heard nothing, will they reply if we e-mail them, how long will it take. phoebe
1. Assuming you applied via Mississauga 3 months ago, and got the approval after 32 days, that means the application has been in London less than 2 months. The processing time in London for dependent children is 2-13 months see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/06-fc-children.asp#europe Young children are usually processed at the quick end of the scale. You can send them an email, but as it is within their processing times, it is doubtful that they will reply.

PMM

phoebe

May 12, 2008
No I am sorry maybe I did not explain it properly. We are being sponsored into Canada by our son. He was approved in Mississauga and it went to London with all our documents in February and we have not heard from London. They say we should receive an acknowledgment of receipt within 3 months but we have heard nothing and are anxious. Should we e-mail them, it is so frustrating because you cannot phone London and they just leave you wondering, very anxious. Do you know how long we will have to wait. do you have any idea of how long parents have to wait to be processed, our daughter and son are coming with us. How long ???

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

phoebe said:
No I am sorry maybe I did not explain it properly. We are being sponsored into Canada by our son. He was approved in Mississauga and it went to London with all our documents in February and we have not heard from London. They say we should receive an acknowledgment of receipt within 3 months but we have heard nothing and are anxious. Should we e-mail them, it is so frustrating because you cannot phone London and they just leave you wondering, very anxious. Do you know how long we will have to wait. do you have any idea of how long parents have to wait to be processed, our daughter and son are coming with us. How long ???
London states 5-12 months for parents, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/08-fc-parents.asp#europe You can try emailing them, the address is on their site, but I wouldn't hold my breath, they tend not to reply if the application is within their processing time frame.

PMM

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
And about acknowledgment of receive, sometimes they do not acknowledge. In my case I did not receive anything for my parents. However, after giving a call to CIC they sent us a general letter stating that family category classes require lengthy time period and we need to have passion!

Frustrated Canadian

Oct 30, 2007
That we need to have passion!! What a load. They need to have passion or at least more resources to aid the processing of family applications!!