+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family application

redgiemental

Aug 15, 2008
My parents, myself and my two brothers are all on the same application for Canadian Visa. Can I drop out of the application and let theirs continue or would then need to reapply all over again?

They are already living there on work permits.

I am currently halfway through a Law degree and engaged. I am not sure if or when I want to move to Canada.

If I let the activate the Visa in december and let the five years to establish residency expire can I still visit Canada as a visitor or will I be completely barred from entry?

In all honesty if I don't move in the next five years I won't be moving at all so losing the ability to live there isn't really the issue. I would obviously still like to visit my parents and family even if I decide I am happier living here in the UK. Any information is welcome.

I am a UK citizen, still living in the UK and we are at the stage of needed to go for a medical. I may be too late am I right?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

redgiemental said:
My parents, myself and my two brothers are all on the same application for Canadian Visa. Can I drop out of the application and let theirs continue or would then need to reapply all over again?

They are already living there on work permits.

I am currently halfway through a Law degree and engaged. I am not sure if or when I want to move to Canada.

If I let the activate the Visa in december and let the five years to establish residency expire can I still visit Canada as a visitor or will I be completely barred from entry?

In all honesty if I don't move in the next five years I won't be moving at all so losing the ability to live there isn't really the issue. I would obviously still like to visit my parents and family even if I decide I am happier living here in the UK. Any information is welcome.

I am a UK citizen, still living in the UK and we are at the stage of needed to go for a medical. I may be too late am I right?
Why not keep your options open? Things change, get your visa, "land" and then return to the UK. To maintain your PR you have to reside in Canada for 2 years in every 5 year period. So that gives you 3 years to make to your decision. What does it cost you? The cost of the medical and a return plane ticket to Canada, gives you much more option. But hey, its your decision.

PMM

redgiemental

Aug 15, 2008
I imagine that means I can still visit the country from time to time strictly as a visitor if I decide to remain in the UK then. That was my main concern to be honest.

If in 10 years I change my mind can I reapply or is it a one time only thing? I imagine 3 years is long enough though so I'm not concerned as much with. Information is always good when making your mind up about something so big.