+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend unrestricted open work permit

Pooja1222

May 10, 2020
Hi urgent help needed
So I'm filling out the IMM 5710, Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay, or Remain in Canada as a Worker, and I was wondering what do I select for question 3.

"I am applying for one or more of the following:"
- A work permit with the same employer
- A work permit with a new employer
- Restoration of temporary resident status as worker
- Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.

Now I am going extend my an OWP, so Would I select 'A work permit with the same employer'?

Additionally, there was a bunch of questions I had to put N/A because I have a unrestricted OWP and unknown employer. What should i do?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi urgent help needed
So I'm filling out the IMM 5710, Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay, or Remain in Canada as a Worker, and I was wondering what do I select for question 3.

Now I am going extend my an OWP, so Would I select 'A work permit with the same employer'?

Additionally, there was a bunch of questions I had to put N/A because I have a unrestricted OWP and unknown employer. What should i do?
You left out , how’d you obtain your OWP ?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi urgent help needed

Why are you applying for this? Have you even checked that you're in fact eligible?

It's not like you can just extend your work permit just because you have one, you need to meet certain requirements.

Pooja1222

May 10, 2020
Why are you applying for this? Have you even checked that you're in fact eligible?

It's not like you can just extend your work permit just because you have one, you need to meet certain requirements.
I didn’t check eligibility yet but i just want to know what should you put in employer name bcoz in work permit the name of employer is known so i am confused now plz help

tatiana1994

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
hello everybody,
I have a serious concern and I would like some advices.
in 2017 , my open work visa expire. One month before his expiration I found another jobs and got a closed work permit with another employee. However on the first day on my employment, I was fired because my new employer because my new employer couldn’t hire me since he had some financial difficulties.
I start looking for another job but It was really difficult to find one because I couldn’t speak in English. I called the CIC to ask them if I could take some English classes even though my work permit stated ‘forbidden to take any educational classes unless authorized’ they said I could as long as it is less than 6 months
Then to improve my I English I took 4 months language classes in Toronto and get my PR soon after, I found a job and move back to Montreal.
Now I would like to apply for citizenship and I am afraid that CIC will tell me that I didn’t respect my work permit visa condition
Is someone in the same situation ?
Can you advise me please ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello everybody,
I have a serious concern and I would like some advices.
in 2017 , my open work visa expire. One month before his expiration I found another jobs and got a closed work permit with another employee. However on the first day on my employment, I was fired because my new employer because my new employer couldn’t hire me since he had some financial difficulties.
I start looking for another job but It was really difficult to find one because I couldn’t speak in English. I called the CIC to ask them if I could take some English classes even though my work permit stated ‘forbidden to take any educational classes unless authorized’ they said I could as long as it is less than 6 months
Then to improve my I English I took 4 months language classes in Toronto and get my PR soon after, I found a job and move back to Montreal.
Now I would like to apply for citizenship and I am afraid that CIC will tell me that I didn’t respect my work permit visa condition
Is someone in the same situation ?
Can you advise me please ?
Are you a permanent resident?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I didn’t check eligibility yet but i just want to know what should you put in employer name bcoz in work permit the name of employer is known so i am confused now plz help
Most people do not qualify for OWP so it is important for you to tell us how you qualify for OWP.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Check your eligibility first... That should be your main concern. BTW, if you have a PGWP you're not eligible.