+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Profile - Overall Score: 0

mamadebbie

Dec 5, 2018
You are answering something wrong. Did you say no to certification. What does your ECA say?
I answered No to certification...the question that asks if I have received certification to practice in Canada. I have not received certification but I have been approved as eligible to start work as I work towards certification. My ECA from CES and WES both give the classification of degrees as the same as canadian masters, doctorate and bachelors

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sadly am also getting 0 scores for crs and no scores in categories despite trying 8 times now. It does not make sense because I seem to have about 74 points for FSW:
IELTS: 9, 9, 7.5, 7.5
EDUCATION: DOCTORATE
PROFESSION: PSYCHOLOGIST NOC 4151
WORK EXPERIENCE: 10 YEARS ABROAD
ECA: ALL DONE
JOB OFFER: YES
I have almost given up....Help anyone?
- How much did you show for POF? Are you single or do you have any dependents?
- What is the date on your IELTS results?
- It looks like you aren't working in Canada. Is that right? Also, looks like you have no approved LMIA. If so, you need to change the job offer answer to "no". What you have doesn't qualify as a job offer under EE.
- Do you have at least 67 points under the FSW points system?

mamadebbie

Dec 5, 2018
- It looks like you aren't working in Canada. Is that right? Also, looks like you have no approved LMIA. If so, you need to change the job offer answer to "no". What you have doesn't qualify as a job offer under EE.
Thank you scylla...I showed $30,000....IELTS were sat on 5th Oct 2020, results gotten on 13th October 2020, scores 9,9,7.5,7.5. I have 74 points.....

mamadebbie

Dec 5, 2018
Should the EE still not score me rather than returning a zero score?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you scylla...I showed $30,000....IELTS were sat on 5th Oct 2020, results gotten on 13th October 2020, scores 9,9,7.5,7.5. I have 74 points.....
You need to screenshot your answers to see what you are doing incorrectly. How are you eligible to work?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Should the EE still not score me rather than returning a zero score?
If you're getting a score of zero, then you've made at least one error in your profile. We are asking various questions to try to figure out where you have made the error. However without knowing what you answered to each question, this can be a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I assume you have a least one year of continuous (i.e. without breaks) work experience in your primary NOC?

mamadebbie

Dec 5, 2018
You need to screenshot your answers to see what you are doing incorrectly. How are you eligible to work?
As a licensed profession, foreign psychologists first get reviewed for eligibility to license by the license body before coming to Canada. Then if found eligible, they get an approval letter then they get a job and start working for 1 year under supervision. After the 1 year, they sit exams and get a licence

mamadebbie

Dec 5, 2018
If you're getting a score of zero, then you've made at least one error in your profile. We are asking various questions to try to figure out where you have made the error. However without knowing what you answered to each question, this can be a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I assume you have a least one year of continuous (i.e. without breaks) work experience in your primary NOC?
Yes, I understand the questions are to help me. I have experience in NOC 4151 since 2011 to date

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
As a licensed profession, foreign psychologists first get reviewed for eligibility to license by the license body before coming to Canada. Then if found eligible, they get an approval letter then they get a job and start working for 1 year under supervision. After the 1 year, they sit exams and get a licence
I understand the licensing process. You many need PR first and then move to Canada to get your one year under supervision. You state you are LMIA exempt, how so?

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I guess I am on the same boat. I submitted my EE profile yesterday night and whoops!!! got a score of 0 right away and the application status changed to profile ineligible.

After reading through all the posts in this thread, I believe there were several mistakes done at my end. Therefore, before I resubmit my EE application again I wish to get your expert opinions.

Q1. When resubmitting EE application there is a question "Have you applied for EE before?" My previous submission had got a score of 0 and profile ineligible. Therefore, shall I answer Yes or No to this question?

Q2. I got my IELTS results last Friday. While filling IELTS score information, I did not provided TRF number as I have not received it by post yet. I just filled the LRWS score I got online and in the TRF number field I had entered "To be provided later". Could this be one of the reason for profile ineligible?

Q3. I have got 2 year Master degree from Canadian DLI. Do I need ECA for Bachelor done outside Canada?

Q4. While filling my earlier EE profile I only provided Master degree details and DID NOT entered Bachelor degree or other educational details. Do I need to fill in all the educational details for example Master degree, Bachelor degree, Secondary School Certificate, High School Certificate etc. All of them?

Q5. There is question where it asks for "Do you have a valid job offer". I have a PGWP which is an Open Work Permit and I am currently working in Canada on it. There is NO LMIA and there is NO NOC code written on the PGWP. Just a plain Open Work Permit to work for any employer across Canada. Shall I answer Yes or No to this question?

Q6. I have only 3 months of Canadian full-time work experience in the Skill-A category. The NOC of my current job in Canada is same as NOC of my previous job in home country where I had 5 year of work experience. However, while filling my earlier EE profile I only provided details of Canadian work and DID NOT entered details of 5 year of work experience in home country. Could this be one of the reason for profile ineligible?

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate your time and kind help!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I guess I am on the same boat. I submitted my EE profile yesterday night and whoops!!! got a score of 0 right away and the application status changed to profile ineligible.

After reading through all the posts in this thread, I believe there were several mistakes done at my end. Therefore, before I resubmit my EE application again I wish to get your expert opinions.

Q1. When resubmitting EE application there is a question "Have you applied for EE before?" My previous submission had got a score of 0 and profile ineligible. Therefore, shall I answer Yes or No to this question?

Q2. I got my IELTS results last Friday. While filling IELTS score information, I did not provided TRF number as I have not received it by post yet. I just filled the LRWS score I got online and in the TRF number field I had entered "To be provided later". Could this be one of the reason for profile ineligible?

Q3. I have got 2 year Master degree from Canadian DLI. Do I need ECA for Bachelor done outside Canada?

Q4. While filling my earlier EE profile I only provided Master degree details and DID NOT entered Bachelor degree or other educational details. Do I need to fill in all the educational details for example Master degree, Bachelor degree, Secondary School Certificate, High School Certificate etc. All of them?

Q5. There is question where it asks for "Do you have a valid job offer". I have a PGWP which is an Open Work Permit and I am currently working in Canada on it. There is NO LMIA and there is NO NOC code written on the PGWP. Just a plain Open Work Permit to work for any employer across Canada. Shall I answer Yes or No to this question?

Q6. I have only 3 months of Canadian full-time work experience in the Skill-A category. The NOC of my current job in Canada is same as NOC of my previous job in home country where I had 5 year of work experience. However, while filling my earlier EE profile I only provided details of Canadian work and DID NOT entered details of 5 year of work experience in home country. Could this be one of the reason for profile ineligible?

A few things. You need the IELTS number to submit. You do not have a job offer. Since you don’t have one year of Canadian work experience, then you need to show one year continuous, foreign skilled work experience in one NOC.

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Q1. When resubmitting EE application there is a question "Have you applied for EE before?" My previous submission had got a score of 0 and profile ineligible. Therefore, shall I answer Yes or No to this question? NO

Q2. I got my IELTS results last Friday. While filling IELTS score information, I did not provided TRF number as I have not received it by post yet. I just filled the LRWS score I got online and in the TRF number field I had entered "To be provided later". Could this be one of the reason for profile ineligible? YOU NEED TRF NUMBER

Q4. While filling my earlier EE profile I only provided Master degree details and DID NOT entered Bachelor degree or other educational details. Do I need to fill in all the educational details for example Master degree, Bachelor degree, Secondary School Certificate, High School Certificate etc. All of them? ONLY PUT MASTER DEGREE IN EDU SECTION, THE REST CAN BE PUT IN PERSONAL HISTORY

Q5. There is question where it asks for "Do you have a valid job offer". I have a PGWP which is an Open Work Permit and I am currently working in Canada on it. There is NO LMIA and there is NO NOC code written on the PGWP. Just a plain Open Work Permit to work for any employer across Canada. Shall I answer Yes or No to this question? NO

Q6. I have only 3 months of Canadian full-time work experience in the Skill-A category. The NOC of my current job in Canada is same as NOC of my previous job in home country where I had 5 year of work experience. However, while filling my earlier EE profile I only provided details of Canadian work and DID NOT entered details of 5 year of work experience in home country. Could this be one of the reason for profile ineligible? YOU NEED AT LEAST 1 YEAR CONTINUOUS FOR 1 NOC (FSW) OR 1 YEAR FOR CEC. IN YOUR PARTICULAR CASE, ONLY 5 YEARS OF FOREIGN EXP. COUNTS

It might help you

mamadebbie

Dec 5, 2018
I understand the licensing process. You many need PR first and then move to Canada to get your one year under supervision. You state you are LMIA exempt, how so?
When you are immigrating to the Atlantic Provinces, some jobs especially in Health sector are LMIA exempt as per provincial agreement. My job has been confirmed to be LMIA exempt.