+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry or IEC? (from the UK)

mathews12

Dec 8, 2019
Hello all

Looking to move to canada (toronto) in march next year and find work. I work in asset management as a business analyst in London, I have 2-3 years experience.

What would be the best option for me?

Do employers dislike the IEC? any general job hunting suggestions? any links to what a canadian CV looks like?

Thanks for any advice!
Dan

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well look at this way you could get an IEC for two years and get the all important Canadian experience everyone will likely look for on your resume. This will give you an advantage over someone arriving fresh on EE with zero Canadian experience, although whether IEC or EE securing a job will still be challenging.

If you qualify for EE nothing to stop you applying whilst on an IEC.

As for resume/CVs You can probably find format examples through a google search,

Note which ever route you decide you will find little interest in your CV until in Canada and able to work, even then you may need to take on work to pay the bills that is not a match to your experience but will still be Canadian experience

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
Hello all

Looking to move to canada (toronto) in march next year and find work. I work in asset management as a business analyst in London, I have 2-3 years experience.

Do employers dislike the IEC? any general job hunting suggestions? any links to what a canadian CV looks like?

Thanks for any advice!
Dan

Canada has recently
opened IEC pool for 2020. IEC is very helpful since, already mentioned, it will give you enough Canadian work experience which you will need for your future jobs in Canada.

Still Canada will be looking at your experience for you to find a job easily.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all

Thanks for any advice!
Dan
Assume that most finance companies may not want to hire IEC holders due to the temporary nature of the visa. Assume you are moving because of Brexit but you should realize that Canada is a relatively small market and there are tons of finance employees moving to Canada from HK, UK, Canadians returning after working in finance abroad, H1B holders coming from the US since they will have to wait so long to get a green card, etc. The salaries will likely be much lower than you are receiving in the UK. Really depends on why you want to come to Canada but in your position I wouldn’t consider moving without a job in Canada.