+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

express entry in Quebec

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hi, I have got the ita and plan to submit my application very soon. But currently I am living in Quebec and would like to move to ontario in November. So can I submit my application now? The evidence I will use to show my intention to live in other province except Quebec is
1, My job contract will be ended by octorber
2, I have been refused by Quebec PEQ program.
3, Maybe I will sign a lease, but starting from November.

Anyone can give me some advice on it? Can I submit my application now? Thank you so much.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi, I have got the ita and plan to submit my application very soon. But currently I am living in Quebec and would like to move to ontario in November. So can I submit my application now? The evidence I will use to show my intention to live in other province except Quebec is
1, My job contract will be ended by octorber
2, I have been refused by Quebec PEQ program.
3, Maybe I will sign a lease, but starting from November.
It will be better if you can show stronger proof - the rejection form the Quebec program, I think, actually hurts your case (shows you were intending to live in Quebec).

Do you have friends/family anywhere else in Canada? Have you started job-hunting yet? If you can show that you have personal ties and.or are making an effort to find employment elsewhere, you will have a stronger case...

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
It will be better if you can show stronger proof - the rejection form the Quebec program, I think, actually hurts your case (shows you were intending to live in Quebec).

Do you have friends/family anywhere else in Canada? Have you started job-hunting yet? If you can show that you have personal ties and.or are making an effort to find employment elsewhere, you will have a stronger case...
Thank you for your advice. I don't have any relatives in Canada, and I have started to search for jobs in Ontario but there's no updates. I am still trying to get a job out of Quebec, but in case I can't find one, can I use the emails sent from the employers in Ontario to show my intention (I mean I have been rejected by their company)?

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Thank you for ur advice, Have you moved out from Quebec to apply for express entry?
We are in the process of doing it. We are just taking our language tests now and waiting for our police check in the mail. If that was done before we moved, we would have applied, because we already had the intention to move to Ontario. I am not sure how this will effect our application, because my husband will still be working for a job in Quebec, but we do not want to live in Quebec.

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
We are in the process of doing it. We are just taking our language tests now and waiting for our police check in the mail. If that was done before we moved, we would have applied, because we already had the intention to move to Ontario. I am not sure how this will effect our application, because my husband will still be working for a job in Quebec, but we do not want to live in Quebec.
Is it Ok that ur husband is still working in Quebec? How will you show the intention outside Quebec? Thanks

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Is it Ok that ur husband is still working in Quebec? How will you show the intention outside Quebec? Thanks
Good question. We have intention to live outside of Quebec, mostly cause we are buying a house and our son will go to English school in Ontario and that is a big part of while we are leaving Quebec. It's tricky though, cause my husband has and LMIA job in Quebec, and will he continue working in Quebec after we get PR, I am not sure. I know he really would love to look at other work options but feels very stuck with only a work permit, as so many places will not even consider you, if you need a work permit.

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Good question. We have intention to live outside of Quebec, mostly cause we are buying a house and our son will go to English school in Ontario and that is a big part of while we are leaving Quebec. It's tricky though, cause my husband has and LMIA job in Quebec, and will he continue working in Quebec after we get PR, I am not sure. I know he really would love to look at other work options but feels very stuck with only a work permit, as so many places will not even consider you, if you need a work permit.
I would like to submit the ee application in next week, I have finished the upfront medical exam. Hope we all get the PR soon and smoothly

schi0301

Jul 23, 2019

Hi
I like to know your results. are you still working remotely for Quebec company and get your PR ?

sokke

Jun 11, 2020
@schi0301 I am in the same situation. I have a closed work permit with my employer in Montreal.
I have the flexibility of working remotely. So, I am thinking to move to Toronto and work remotely.
But the salary slips will show the tax deduction according to Quebec tax structure.
Will this be a problem? (Could you suggest me the steps I should follow on how to do it?)
Thanks in advance.

schi0301

Jul 23, 2019
@schi0301 I am in the same situation. I have a closed work permit with my employer in Montreal.
I have the flexibility of working remotely. So, I am thinking to move to Toronto and work remotely.
But the salary slips will show the tax deduction according to Quebec tax structure.
Will this be a problem? (Could you suggest me the steps I should follow on how to do it?)
Thanks in advance.
Just move to ON, you will be fine. Also, don’t think about you will move back to QC after PR.