+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry CEC employment proof

Waldolad

Oct 23, 2019
Hey guys , so my wife and I have applied for express entry , we haven’t got a ITA yet but our points are at 490 and pretty confident we’ll get an invitation, so while we’re waiting I’ve been getting our documents sorted , so my wife is the main applicant , and for proof of previous employment She can get hers easy enough but for me I was a self employed electrician for 9 years , does it ask for my proof also or only hers and if it does ask for mine what all do I go about getting ?

Reactions: Yoruba girl

Yoruba girl

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Did you claim points for it? If you did, you’ll need proof. If you are not claiming points for it, it’s better you don’t include it on your profile and put it in your personal history instead(after the ITA)- just to save you the stress.

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hey guys , so my wife and I have applied for express entry , we haven’t got a ITA yet but our points are at 490 and pretty confident we’ll get an invitation, so while we’re waiting I’ve been getting our documents sorted , so my wife is the main applicant , and for proof of previous employment She can get hers easy enough but for me I was a self employed electrician for 9 years , does it ask for my proof also or only hers and if it does ask for mine what all do I go about getting ?
If you are the secondary applicant, and your experience was not in Canada, then it won't ask for documents. For secondary applicants, you can claim points for Canadian experience only. But be sure to include it in personal history.