+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - Canadian Experience Class Process/Selection.

sharankhan

Jan 10, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Permanent Residence - Express Entry
NOC Code......
Hey there. I am a current college graduate student from a designated school from Ontario (Humber College). I will be hugely grateful with you guys if you may help me with a concerning that have kept me a little bit unquiet, thanks to the following doubt:

1) I just used the "Come to Canada Tool" for the Express Entry but I do not know why I do not appear to be elegible for Express Entry... So, it is kind of confusing to me the tool results at all. Because if I actually meet all of the minimum requirements for the Canadian Experience Class (Express Entry), what's the inadmissible requirement I am failling for not being elegible? I mean, I think I could qualify with no problems due to:

a) Like I said earlier, I completed a two years diploma program in a post secondary school; I was told that you could easily earn points through post-secondary education.
b) I have acumulated a total of 2036 hours (1280 hours were part time - 20h. per week while studying; 756 hours were full time - 36h. per week during holidays and study breaks) of skilled work experience type B (as a line cook); minimun hours requirement for the Canadian Experience Class are 1560 and I have worked legally all the time.
c) I took again the IELTS test with a total score of 7 in all levels.

2) Please, do not hesitate to corroborate me if with my current experience, I am meeting all of the eligibility and admissiblitity requirements for the Canadian Experience Class (Express Entry) process or if I should go for the Post Graduate Work Permit at first.

Thank you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey there. I am a current college graduate student from a designated school from Ontario (Humber College). I will be hugely grateful with you guys if you may help me with a concerning that have kept me a little bit unquiet, thanks to the following doubt:

1) I just used the "Come to Canada Tool" for the Express Entry but I do not know why I do not appear to be elegible for Express Entry... So, it is kind of confusing to me the tool results at all. Because if I actually meet all of the minimum requirements for the Canadian Experience Class (Express Entry), what's the inadmissible requirement I am failling for not being elegible? I mean, I think I could qualify with no problems due to:

a) Like I said earlier, I completed a two years diploma program in a post secondary school; I was told that you could easily earn points through post-secondary education.
b) I have acumulated a total of 2036 hours (1280 hours were part time - 20h. per week while studying; 756 hours were full time - 36h. per week during holidays and study breaks) of skilled work experience type B (as a line cook); minimun hours requirement for the Canadian Experience Class are 1560 and I have worked legally all the time.
c) I took again the IELTS test with a total score of 7 in all levels.

2) Please, do not hesitate to corroborate me if with my current experience, I am meeting all of the eligibility and admissiblitity requirements for the Canadian Experience Class (Express Entry) process or if I should go for the Post Graduate Work Permit at first.

Thank you.
You cannot count work experience while on full-time studies.

Get your PGWP, work for a year and then apply under the CEC program.

Reactions: jes_ON

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I just used the "Come to Canada Tool" for the Express Entry but I do not know why I do not appear to be elegible for Express Entry... .
So... just to add to DelPiero's response, there are 2 sets of requrements that you have to meet - first, you have to be eligible for a program (CEC, FSW, FST) and then you have to meet EE requirements.

CEC program requirements are here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

"Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (such as on a co-op work term) doesn’t count under this program."

Lots of information on the IRCC website to learn ...

Reactions: DelPiero07

sharankhan

Jan 10, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Permanent Residence - Express Entry
NOC Code......
Thank you all for the answers but just to clear up... work experience while I was a student were not in co-op work terms. And my job didn't have any sense with my previous studies (business management). Being a cook is a skilled work experience type B (6322).

So Jes, it is kind of confusing to me this statement ""Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (such as on a co-op work term) doesn’t count under this program." because MY WORK EXPERIENCE WAS NOT AT A CO-OP WORK TERM...

I am so sorry for sounding too annoying. But in case I may prove that my work experience was not in a co-op work term, I just want to make sure if I got any chance to go through CEC.

Anyways, if I am not able to count work experience while on full-time studies, I guess I should get the PGWP and applying for the CEC after at least one year of skilled work experience.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all for the answers but just to clear up... work experience while I was a student were not in co-op work terms. And my job didn't have any sense with my previous studies (business management). Being a cook is a skilled work experience type B (6322).

So Jes, it is kind of confusing to me this statement ""Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (such as on a co-op work term) doesn’t count under this program." because MY WORK EXPERIENCE WAS NOT AT A CO-OP WORK TERM...

I am so sorry for sounding too annoying. But in case I may prove that my work experience was not in a co-op work term, I just want to make sure if I got any chance to go through CEC.

Anyways, if I am not able to count work experience while on full-time studies, I guess I should get the PGWP and applying for the CEC after at least one year of skilled work experience.
The "such as co-op" is simply an example given. Your work experience still doesn't count.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

LOL - co-op was just an example. One point is that as long as you are working while on a study permit, the experience cannot be used as Canadian work experience.

This, exactly. :)