+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry 2 OPTIONS

aranjha

Mar 13, 2020
Hello All,

I am a bit confused about deciding which express entry category to go for. I am eligible for Saskatchewan provincial Nominee Program right now which I can use to apply for PR with IRCC. I am also eligible for CEC express entry come this September to get ITA.

I want to go with the category that will get me and my spouse PR in a shorter time period. I am planning to get married this August. So if I go with the provincial Nominee program right now than I would have to add my spouse to my PR application at a later date. So that we could get PR at the same time. I have heard doing this will increase my application processing time. This is why I am leaning more towards CEC express entry where I can add my spouse to the application at start, which I can apply for in September and hopefully get my ITA within a month if the score stay around the same range.

Please guide which option I should go for?. So that me and my spouse can receive PR quicker, I have a feeling that if I go with CEC express entry than we both can get PR within 6 months but if I go with Provincial nominee than it would take around 16- months.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

I am a bit confused about deciding which express entry category to go for. I am eligible for Saskatchewan provincial Nominee Program right now which I can use to apply for PR with IRCC. I am also eligible for CEC express entry come this September to get ITA.

I want to go with the category that will get me and my spouse PR in a shorter time period. I am planning to get married this August. So if I go with the provincial Nominee program right now than I would have to add my spouse to my PR application at a later date. So that we could get PR at the same time. I have heard doing this will increase my application processing time. This is why I am leaning more towards CEC express entry where I can add my spouse to the application at start, which I can apply for in September and hopefully get my ITA within a month if the score stay around the same range.

Please guide which option I should go for?. So that me and my spouse can receive PR quicker, I have a feeling that if I go with CEC express entry than we both can get PR within 6 months but if I go with Provincial nominee than it would take around 16- months.
CEC will be faster but you need to have enough points. How many points will you have in September under Express Entry?