+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience Calculation for Canada PR application

nick439

Jan 13, 2018
Hello All
i have a question on calculation of Canadian exp if somebody can please guide through.

I got my work permit in March 2017 and i was in Canada for 3 days for work at that time. I went back to my home country and then entered again on same wok permit in May 2017 and this time staying here since then. so now, my experience of 1 year would be considered in March 2018 or May 2018. i started paying taxes since May onwards.
Can somebody guide me in this case. any info here from experienced people would be highly appreciated.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All
i have a question on calculation of Canadian exp if somebody can please guide through.

I got my work permit in March 2017 and i was in Canada for 3 days for work at that time. I went back to my home country and then entered again on same wok permit in May 2017 and this time staying here since then. so now, my experience of 1 year would be considered in March 2018 or May 2018. i started paying taxes since May onwards.
Can somebody guide me in this case. any info here from experienced people would be highly appreciated.
Work experience in Canada counts towards CEC. It sounds like your work experience started in May 2017.

bzhanson

Jan 18, 2018
Work experience in Canada counts towards CEC. It sounds like your work experience started in May 2017.
Hi, may I ask if work experience can be counted by hours or not? In my case, I graduated at April and started working at May. I work 40 hours per week, sometimes with some over time. From the information I read from CIC website, the required number of hours is 1560. I might reach that number before May, 2018. Will I become qualified after I reach 1560 hrs, or I have to wait until May? Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, may I ask if work experience can be counted by hours or not? In my case, I graduated at April and started working at May. I work 40 hours per week, sometimes with some over time. From the information I read from CIC website, the required number of hours is 1560. I might reach that number before May, 2018. Will I become qualified after I reach 1560 hrs, or I have to wait until May? Thanks.
For full-time work experience it doesn't matter how many hours per week you work, you must work for a period of one year in order to claim a year of work experience.

bzhanson

Jan 18, 2018
For full-time work experience it doesn't matter how many hours per week you work, you must work for a period of one year in order to claim a year of work experience.
Thank you for you reply. May I ask one more question? I created my profile already with the work experience mentioned above plus 8 months co-op work terms experience and get the point of 444. Is it possible that I get a invitation before May while I haven't reach the one year work experience at a permanent full time job?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for you reply. May I ask one more question? I created my profile already with the work experience mentioned above plus 8 months co-op work terms experience and get the point of 444. Is it possible that I get a invitation before May while I haven't reach the one year work experience at a permanent full time job?
My question to you would be, how do you have an eligible profile at this point?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29

Reactions: jes_ON

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know work experience gained from work terms doesn't count. That's why I asked if I am eligible to get a invitation at this point. But this doesn't stop me from creating a eligible profile.
The answer is even if you get an ITA, if you do not meet the eligibility criteria of the CEC or FSW program then your application will get rejected.

Simardeep7

Jun 26, 2019
Ludhiana
Help Help Help! Experience Letter! Experience hours!

I started in September 2017 as a part-time worker and worked till December 2018.
Then, I gained full-time experience during the duration of Jan 2019 - July 2019.
Later on, In October 2019 I changed the job and joined another company and worked there full time from October 2019 - October 2020. My shift timing was 9 - 6, simultaneously I did part-time work in another company from Jan 2020 - November 2020.
Since November 2020 I am currently working there.
Could somebody tell me whether I've complete my 3 years of experience or not? If not for how many months I need to work more to complete the 3 years of work experience?
Kindly reply _/\_