+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ex-husband holding the kids for ransom how to sponsor kids to Canada

mayjune

May 11, 2008
I'm a live-in caregiver with kids in the Philipines been applied for my PR but my ex-husband holding them for ransom, he wants to get sponsored to but his been divorced to me. I'm not even interested to him at all because he's been irresponsible. I got a common-law partner now. here's my question: is there any way that I could get my PR without having my kids got to go for medical? I was planning to sponsor my kids in future time because so far I don't have their custody yet.I got a son with my common law now too here in Canada. How long does it takes before the immigration cancel my application for PR in case my kids never got to go for medical? Please help...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mayjune said:
I'm a live-in caregiver with kids in the Philipines been applied for my PR but my ex-husband holding them for ransom, he wants to get sponsored to but his been divorced to me. I'm not even interested to him at all because he's been irresponsible. I got a common-law partner now. here's my question: is there any way that I could get my PR without having my kids got to go for medical? I was planning to sponsor my kids in future time because so far I don't have their custody yet.I got a son with my common law now too here in Canada. How long does it takes before the immigration cancel my application for PR in case my kids never got to go for medical? Please help...
1. No, the children have to be medically examined.
2. If the children are not "examined" CIC eventually will either refuse the application, or insist that you remove the children from the application (as you don't have custody). If the children are not examined, then they cannot be sponsored.

PMM

mayjune

May 11, 2008
Hi PMM,

I really appreciate your informative reply! God Bless you!But i have additional question. You said the immigration might insist to remove my kids to my application as if I don't have their custody. What if I remove my kids from my application for the mean time and after I got my
PR status I will go fight for the custody of my kids ,will it still be possible to apply for them in the future in case I got my custody for instance 3 years after I got my PR?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mayjune said:
Hi PMM,

I really appreciate your informative reply! God Bless you!But i have additional question. You said the immigration might insist to remove my kids to my application as if I don't have their custody. What if I remove my kids from my application for the mean time and after I got my
PR status I will go fight for the custody of my kids ,will it still be possible to apply for them in the future in case I got my custody for instance 3 years after I got my PR?
No, not in the family class, you could try Humanitarian and Compassionate, but the success rate is not very high.

PMM

mayjune

May 11, 2008
Can my new husband who is Canadian sponsor the kids in a year or so when i have full custody of the kids?,thank you again for your answers.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mayjune said:
Can my new husband who is Canadian sponsor the kids in a year or so when i have full custody of the kids?,thank you again for your answers.
No, you have to sponsor, he can co=sign.

PMM