+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EoR

Kiran1212

Mar 18, 2021
I need 0.5 increase in writing. Should I apply for both speaking as well as writing for EoR? Since, I believe I can get much more band in speaking. Also, does it matter if you apply for both ?

KASHIFAMG

Aug 6, 2021
Hello Team, I applied for EOR and the result came today. Online the result remains unchanged but in EOR column it states: Successful/Score Change. Request someone to please explain to me. Is my score changed and not updated online or Score unchanged and they give the same comment.

KASHIFAMG

Aug 6, 2021
Have you done any of that?
Thank You for your responses. Post 2 days of status change, they uploaded my updated TRF. My scores in writing remain unchanged (Which I desperately wanted 7 to have CLB 9) but they increased my Speaking points from 7 to 7.5 (I filled speaking as insurance to get my EOR FEE back, increase in Speaking points is of no use to me) . My final IELTS GENERAL scores are- 8.8, 8 , 7.5,6.5

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Thank You for your responses. Post 2 days of status change, they uploaded my updated TRF. My scores in writing remain unchanged (Which I desperately wanted 7 to have CLB 9) but they increased my Speaking points from 7 to 7.5 (I filled speaking as insurance to get my EOR FEE back, increase in Speaking points is of no use to me) . My final IELTS GENERAL scores are- 8.8, 8 , 7.5,6.5
Wow brilliant scores, just unfortunate the writing didn’t get a boost.

Reactions: KASHIFAMG

KASHIFAMG

Aug 6, 2021
Planning to write another?
Yes, I am giving another shot at the IELTS exam. I am hoping to get at least 7 in writing as right now I am 0.5 away in writing for CLB 9. I have noticed a lot of people are stuck at 6.5 in writing. Any pointers for how and where should one improve in writing? Also, if I give another IELTS exam, will my earlier score(which I have used in Express Entry Profile) stand invalid or I can use any score I like?

Reactions: Jaycejay

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Yes, I am giving another shot at the IELTS exam. I am hoping to get at least 7 in writing as right now I am 0.5 away in writing for CLB 9. I have noticed a lot of people are stuck at 6.5 in writing. Any pointers for how and where should one improve in writing? Also, if I give another IELTS exam, will my earlier score(which I have used in Express Entry Profile) stand invalid or I can use any score I like?
Yeah, writing seems to be a stumbling block for the majority of people. I initially had a 7 there, only got increased by 0.5 after remark

Tips for writing? Read resources and watch video tutorials to show you how to write high-band IELTS essays. JAY on E2IELTS is the best bet for that because he teaches you how to write any essay question-type. After that, go-ahead and practice, timing yourself and under exam conditions. Submit your finished essay to an expert for a free or paid review (this is optional, I never paid anyone). Use the feedback you receive to improve your writing and watch more tutorial videos if necessary. Keep doing this until you see your scores go up.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
If you write another test and you get your desired score you can simply update your profile with the new TRF details. Meanwhile, from now till when you make that update, your current score remains valid as per your EE profile