+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering to Canada via land from Seattle USA

jobalistic

Jun 20, 2006
Hi,

I recently received my visa to Vancouver BC. I am intending to enter Canada by land from Seattle USA. I would like to ask if there are additional steps we need to take if we are entering the country by land (instead of flying in), since I could not find it in the CIC website. Also I am bringing my vehicle with me. I read this document which might be helpful to others as well http://www.riv.ca/english/html/us_vehicle_admissibility.html and so far my vehicle is admissible.

Thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jobalistic said:
Hi,

I recently received my visa to Vancouver BC. I am intending to enter Canada by land from Seattle USA. I would like to ask if there are additional steps we need to take if we are entering the country by land (instead of flying in), since I could not find it in the CIC website. Also I am bringing my vehicle with me. I read this document which might be helpful to others as well http://www.riv.ca/english/html/us_vehicle_admissibility.html and so far my vehicle is admissible.

Thank you!
1. There is no difference from landing at land border than airport
2. As to your car did you read this on exporting it from the US?
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/export/export_docs/motor_vehicle.xml

PMM

jobalistic

Jun 20, 2006
Thank PMM for the info

I read your similar threads and you mentioned that part of the vehicle import process from US to Canada is that I need to take my car to an authorized depot for modifications.

I was trying to search on this in CIC website and I could not find where it provides a list of authorized depot that can do modifications. I was wondering if you do. In addition to this would there be alot of modications that need to be done if the car purchased was recently (2 years old) and that it was purchased in the US? I would think the US and Canada would have the same or similar safety regulations..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jobalistic said:
Thank PMM for the info

I read your similar threads and you mentioned that part of the vehicle import process from US to Canada is that I need to take my car to an authorized depot for modifications.

I was trying to search on this in CIC website and I could not find where it provides a list of authorized depot that can do modifications. I was wondering if you do. In addition to this would there be alot of modications that need to be done if the car purchased was recently (2 years old) and that it was purchased in the US? I would think the US and Canada would have the same or similar safety regulations..
There are a number of outlets that can do the modifications, Canadian tire springs to mind. You should contact RIV to determine what modifications are required. Even though your car is only 2 years old, newer Mercedes required new bumper, 3K. Most cars require Daytime running lights, bi-lingual stickers for the air bags, sticker for speedo stating speed is mph, and some vehicles require a baby car seat tether bolt.

PMM