File Transfer...
06-02-2012 to seattle
Med's Request
14-09-2011
Med's Done....
19-09-2011
Hi there,

please help

what if you have an emergency like death of a member of family and your permit was expired and your lmo still on process??and your waiting for your passport request?is anybody have idea what to do with reagards of this situation..?

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
Hi you have to inform Visa Office that your family member is passed away. it will be delayed but i dont think there is no problem.
if i were you, i would call VO for next step.

jjpatel1996

Aug 27, 2020
Hello,

On 27 Dec 2021, My wife was in car accident in Kitchener, ON. She has major injuries on her face and has vision loss in her right eye.

Currently, she is a student at Conestoga College, Kitchener, Ontario and we don't have any family members in Canada that support her. It's really difficult for the whole family, especially for my wife.

I have applied for a spouse open work permit on 23, August 2021 and it's in process. I have been trying to contact IRCC (Raised webform with attaching doctor letter and accident photos of my wife), Canada visa offices, Kitchener MP through emails and phone numbers but no help has been provided.

It's been near about a month since my wife's accident happened. Currently, my wife got some good recovery but still suffering from head trauma and blurry vision in her right eyesight. The doctor mention it would nearly take 6-7 months to completely heal. She still struggling with her daily chores and still feeling uneasiness and fear due to the accident and not having a family to take care of.

Please guide what should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello,

On 27 Dec 2021, My wife was in car accident in Kitchener, ON. She has major injuries on her face and has vision loss in her right eye.

Currently, she is a student (Student ID: XXXXXXX) at Conestoga College, Kitchener, Ontario and we don't have any family members in Canada that support her. It's really difficult for the whole family, especially for my wife.

I have applied for a spouse open work permit on 23, August 2021 and it's in process. I have been trying to contact IRCC (Raised webform with attaching doctor letter and accident photos of my wife), Canada visa offices, Kitchener MP through emails and phone numbers but no help has been provided.

It's been near about a month since my wife's accident happened. Currently, my wife got some good recovery but still suffering from head trauma and blurry vision in her right eyesight. The doctor mention it would nearly take 6-7 months to completely heal. She still struggling with her daily chores and still feeling uneasiness and fear due to the accident and not having a family to take care of.

Thanks in advance.
It is NOT advisable to put your wife's student ID on a public forum, especially if they are in a delicate condition like you have mentioned. Please use edit function of the post to hide it by editing it out.

What you need a fast processing of your application. I am not sure if there are provisions for that. Another option for you may be to visit Canada as a visitor so that you can be close to your wife and help her in recovery while your SOWP keeps on processing. It will be better that you seek immediate advice from a professional registered immigration consultant OR a lawyer as your situation is very unique.

@scylla any advice?

jjpatel1996

Aug 27, 2020
It is NOT advisable to put your wife's student ID on a public forum, especially if they are in a delicate condition like you have mentioned. Please use edit function of the post to hide it by editing it out.

What you need a fast processing of your application. I am not sure if there are provisions for that. Another option for you may be to visit Canada as a visitor so that you can be close to your wife and help her in recovery while your SOWP keeps on processing. It will be better that you seek immediate advice from a professional registered immigration consultant OR a lawyer as your situation is very unique.

@scylla any advice?
Updated it.

jjpatel1996

Aug 27, 2020
I have tried contacting Immigration Office in India and received the below answer.

Replay From Immigration Office:
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your email.
We are very sorry to hear about your difficult situation, complicated even further by the COVID-19 pandemic.

However, please be advised that foreign nationals must seek authorization from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) to travel and enter Canada.

Travel for compassionate grounds are covered under the travel exemptions which include; being present during the final moments of life for a loved one; providing support to a person deemed critically ill; providing care to a person who medically requires support; attending a funeral or end-of-life ceremony. For more information click on the following link: Compassionate entry for travellers and limited release from quarantine

As well, provincial and territorial quarantine requirements may now allow for limited release from mandatory quarantine for compassionate reasons. Check with the provincial or territorial health authority for your destination to verify any additional restrictions or exemptions: Provincial Borders

If you have been approved by the PHAC please follow the steps on the website to apply for your visa and ensure to answer the questions carefully. Write “COVID-19 in capital letters, provide specific details about what you’ll do and upload all the relevant information to support your application: PHAC approval visa application

If you have already applied for a visa please contact us through our web form to tell us you’re exempt from the travel restrictions. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and visitors to Canada: Visitor visa applications - Canada.ca

Having an approved letter from PHAC, does not guarantee you will be issued a visa to travel. You must meet all requirements for a temporary resident visa. The request for exemption from the Travel Restrictions may or may not include a waiver of the biometrics requirement. We do not recommend you book your travel before you receive your visa.

Please take care of yourself and your family. Hopefully the above information will assist you in obtaining the correct information to travel to Canada.

Me:
1. Can I able to upload the PHAC approval letter in the Spouse Visa Open Work Permit visa application using a web form for my current emergency situation?
2. If not, does applying Visiting Visa Application affect my ongoing Spouse Visa Open Work Permit application?

Replay From Immigration Office:
1. Kindly send us a scanned copy of the PHAC Letter as a PDF attachment to the email.
2. Since your Spouse Visa Open Work Permit application is currently in process, no new application is necessary.

Me:
As you mentioned, I have reached out to the public health agency in Canada and applied for a PHAC letter. They have provided an update on the PHAC application and mentioned below

Based on the information you provided in your application, an exemption through the Compassionate Exemption Program is not required, and your application will now be closed. Your application indicated that you meet the Government of Canada requirements of fully vaccinated travellers.

No further replay or help after that.

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
Hello,

Currently, she is a student at Conestoga College, Kitchener, Ontario and we don't have any family members in Canada that support her. It's really difficult for the whole family, especially for my wife.

Thanks in advance.
man are you in canada or outside? My sister applied for TRV for her new born from india on Nov 6 and it was apporved on Nov 8. YOu willl need to attach letter descibring your circumstances. I wouldnt wait for wp. APply for TRV today

jjpatel1996

Aug 27, 2020
man are you in canada or outside? My sister applied for TRV for her new born from india on Nov 6 and it was apporved on Nov 8. YOu willl need to attach letter descibring your circumstances. I wouldnt wait for wp. APply for TRV today
I am currently outside Canada. Thanks for the information. I will apply for TRV as soon as possible. My only concern is will it affect my wp?

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
I am currently outside Canada. Thanks for the information. I will apply for TRV as soon as possible. My only concern is will it affect my wp?
Your concern should be to reach canada as ap. Everything else will process faster once you are inside canada. Apply for TRV today and attach a H&C letter describing your situation.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
1. Can I able to upload the PHAC approval letter in the Spouse Visa Open Work Permit visa application using a web form for my current emergency situation?
2. If not, does applying Visiting Visa Application affect my ongoing Spouse Visa Open Work Permit application?
1. I think they meant for a Visitor Visa (TRV).

2. It SHOULD NOT. A SOWP is a status / permit ie worker permit. TRV is just a visa. Also one can hold multiple statuses in Canada. My wife has a work permit due me and a study permit due to her Phd here.

That being said, it is possible that your SOWP application may get processed while you are in Canada. In such a situation, you may need to get the TRV for Work Permit (to enter as a worker next time). It is a situation that I am not very familiar with. Try getting help from a pro (lawyer or registered consultant) on this.