+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effect of job change when PR is in process

sujithcs18

Dec 24, 2016
Hello,

Our PR is in process and I am the secondary applicant. My spouse is a primary applicant and we both are in a full time position. If I switch to another job (full time or contract) will it affect PR application in any way assuming that I will notify CIC after I change the job/employer.

Also, I have to file my open work permit extension soon. Will this get affected if I change my job when this application is getting processed even though I notify them?

Last question, in CIC I see that no financial proof is required if the applicant has a full time which falls under NOC list. Does this apply to primary or primary and secondary?

Thanks,
NEO

Reactions: Chandra shekar

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - If you've submitted your eAPR you do not have to inform IRCC of your change of job. No effect whatsoever on the application.

2 - No effect on your extension.

3 - The requirement for not having to provide POF only applied to CEC applicants or those with a valid job offer. Working in Canada does not necessarily constitute having a valid job offer.

sujithcs18

Dec 24, 2016
1 - If you've submitted your eAPR you do not have to inform IRCC of your change of job. No effect whatsoever on the application.

2 - No effect on your extension.

3 - The requirement for not having to provide POF only applied to CEC applicants or those with a valid job offer. Working in Canada does not necessarily constitute having a valid job offer.
Thank you. What is eAPR? Here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp it says "As well, you do not need to show these funds if you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer.". My spouse holds a valid full time offer in Canada and currently working on her PGWP. Can you clarify again please? Thank yo again.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. What is eAPR? Here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp it says "As well, you do not need to show these funds if you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer.". My spouse holds a valid full time offer in Canada and currently working on her PGWP. Can you clarify again please? Thank yo again.
It's the application you submit after receiving an Invitation to Apply.

Working on an open work permit does not constitute having a valid job offer, only those who have LMIA OR who work in closed work permits are able to possess a valid job offer.

Unless your spouse obtains LMIA OR obtains a year of full time skilled work experience in Canada (to be eligible under the CEC program) then those would be the only situations in which your spouse wouldn't have to show POF.

Reactions: sujithcs18

sujithcs18

Dec 24, 2016
It's the application you submit after receiving an Invitation to Apply.

Working on an open work permit does not constitute having a valid job offer, only those who have LMIA OR who work in closed work permits are able to possess a valid job offer.

Unless your spouse obtains LMIA OR obtains a year of full time skilled work experience in Canada (to be eligible under the CEC program) then those would be the only situations in which your spouse wouldn't have to show POF.
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. This really helps. I got more info now on POF and I can educate others about this. Thank you so much.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Our PR is in process and I am the secondary applicant. My spouse is a primary applicant and we both are in a full time position. If I switch to another job (full time or contract) will it affect PR application in any way assuming that I will notify CIC after I change the job/employer.

Also, I have to file my open work permit extension soon. Will this get affected if I change my job when this application is getting processed even though I notify them?

Last question, in CIC I see that no financial proof is required if the applicant has a full time which falls under NOC list. Does this apply to primary or primary and secondary?
No, it will not have any effect on the PR app.

No effect.

Whether proof of funds is required depends only on your wife's situation.

sujithcs18

Dec 24, 2016
No, it will not have any effect on the PR app.

No effect.

Whether proof of funds is required depends only on your wife's situation.
Thank you. When you say wife's situation, is it the same as DelPiero07 mentioned? Is it must that I notify CIC about the job change when application is in process. Will this delay application processing?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you. When you say wife's situation, is it the same as DelPiero07 mentioned? Is it must that I notify CIC about the job change when application is in process. Will this delay application processing?
You don't need to update IRCC if you change jobs.

sujithcs18

Dec 24, 2016

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you again. I just saw that employment changes needs to be reported here http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=052&top=3 so made me worry a little. Can you please be kind enough to clarify again. I am sorry if I am troubling you. It's my worry that's making me do this.

Can you also please explain about the wife's situation comment you made previously?
This is your wife's application, with you as an included dependent. Your employment situation is irrelevant.

As already said, whether POF is required depends on your wife's situation. You need to look at the POF requirements.

sujithcs18

Dec 24, 2016
This is your wife's application, with you as an included dependent. Your employment situation is irrelevant.

As already said, whether POF is required depends on your wife's situation. You need to look at the POF requirements.
Thank you so much. Appreciate your kind help.

mrujan

Aug 27, 2017
Hi, Did you receive your PR? Did you notify CIC about the job change? I am facing a similar situation and not sure if I should take up the job and notify CIC. Did this delay your process?

Preesha

Apr 14, 2021
Hi can anyone guide please my employer changed job title from associate IT help desk noc code 2282 to associate technology now after 10 months but job duties are same in both letters.i asked hr to change it to it help desk but said cannot as recently change has been done and they cannot do it back.Will i be able to file pr in same noc code 2282 as job duties are same and attach both letters for proof or will it effect the filing?