+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE CEC class documents to be uploaded in each section.

ashishry

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Hi Everybody, took some time to note down all the points. May this post helps many people in future. I am applying under CEC Class and need some input from the experts.
I have to upload my documents now.

I have mentioned all the documents what I am uploading in each section.

In any section below where ever I have doubts and queries, I marked those questions in bold/italic font ending with three question marks. Experts, Kindly reply to my questions. You can reply below or next to every question and re-post the post. Thanks in Advance.!!!!

1). Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required)

Passport
Work permit
TRV work visa

Any other document to be submitted???

2). Proof of medical exam (required)

Upfront medical test
Document/Form given by doctors to be submitted in this section

3). Education (diplomas/degrees) (required)

ECA from WES.

Indian Degrees: -
Bachelors of Science - I.T. from India
(1st- 6th Semester marksheets, Passing certificate, Convocation/Graduation Certificate)

Masters of Science – I.T. from India
(1st and 2nd Year marksheets, passing certificate, Convocation/Graduation certificate)

I have my ECA done for the above Indian degrees. Is it necessary to submit all my semester marksheets or only graduation certificate is fine.. Asking just in case submitting this many certificates would be too much in one pdf???

Canadian degrees: -
Fanshawe College- One year Canadian degree
(Convocation/Graduation certificate, Transcript)

Lawrence- One year Canadian degree

(Convocation/Graduation certificate, Transcript)

All the certificates including Indian and Canadian studies should be in one PDF file in the following order???
ECA
Indian Certificates
Canadian certificates

4). Employment Records (required)

Back home Employers Letter (TCS offer letter, Relieving letter)
Reference letter (Email from my Ex-Manager)
Pay slips (My offer letter has my pay scale)

If I don’t have payslips for my previous employer is it fine???

Anything else I must submit for my previous employer???

Anything I don’t have to submit from above???

5). Employment Records (required)

Current Employers letter
Reference letter (Email from my Manager)
Current Payslips
Anything else I must submit for my Current Employer???

6). Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)

Police clearance certificate done and uploaded

7). Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

I have shown $12500.

What kind of document should I ask from my bank???

Bank statement stating final amount is fine or do I need to submit last 6 months statement. In last 6
months, this much funds were not in my account.???

Do I have to show this much amount even if I am working in Canada and I have all my pay slips???

Do I have to keep this much amount in my account until I get my PR or is it fine to withdraw it???
(I am applying under CEC class and I am also submitting my Current pay slips).

8). Digital photo (required)

Already uploaded.

Note: My Major concern/doubt is section 3(Education) and Section 7 (proof of funds).

General Question

Do i have to submit Notice of Assessment? In which section do i have to submit NOA and is it mandatory.
If its mandatory then submitting for year I was employed fulltime is enough or I have to submit all the NOA right from when I was Student???

Regards-
Ashsh

Andy_ready

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
Hi @ashishry

Hope this helps you

1. Proof of Funds - This is not required in case of CEC. So you can ignore and proceed with that.
2. Education: This is the document requirement for Education

Document requirements
  • To receive program-specific points for education, the applicant must either
    • provide proof of having completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program; or
    • obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed.
  • Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
    • secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
    • transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
  • Applicants must provide the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number of the Canadian Institution where they completed their highest degree to be assigned points for their Canadian educational credentials.
    • At the EE profile and application stage, the system will ask the candidate to enter the # of their DLI by using the list of DLI posted on IRCC website. The system will insert a note if the number of the DLI doesn’t match for the officer to review
  • In cases where an applicant’s background information suggests that a Canadian education credential may have been obtained via distance learning either abroad or while present in Canada, it is at the officer’s discretion to request for supporting documentation.
    • If it is determined that the applicant obtained more than 50 percent of their education via distance learning, the applicant should not be awarded additional Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points for having a Canadian education credential. If the reduction in CRS points results in the applicant having a score below the minimum CRS, the application should be refused per A11.2.
  • Where an ECA has been obtained, the applicant must provide the ECA reference number in their e-APR for online validation directly from the issuing organization.
    • A scanned copy of the ECA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date.
    • Applicants are instructed to indicate that their education was completed by correspondence by typing in brackets {by correspondence} on the same line as the education institution name found in the Education Background Information tab of GCMS. The discretion remains with the officer to decide if a police certificate is required for the country of the education institution

Reactions: ashishry

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi @ashishry

Hope this helps you

1. Proof of Funds - This is not required in case of CEC. So you can ignore and proceed with that.
Correct that CEC applicants do not need to demonstrate proof of funds. However, they can't just "ignore" it either.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

ashishry

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Thanks everyone for the help.
Any one is having the template for Letter of explanation for Proof of funds if we are applying under CEC.

ashishry

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Hi @jes_ON,

I am applying in CEC express entry, My case and query is below.

Currently i am working for CGI group since 13 months in Toronto.
Previously back home in India i worked in TCS (2010-2014)

Just want to get the checklist what all letters are required to show my back home TCS experience.
i am having release letter, service letter. I dont have my payslips and employer is not ready to give me letter stating all my duties/responsibilities on the letter head. I can get an email from my manager through the TCS email id stating my roles and responsibilities etc.

Exactly can u please let me know the checklists of document I need to upload in my previous employment section.

Can the Reference letter from my manager be from companies email id or it should be a plain letter??. Kindly reply. Thanks in Advance.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi @jes_ON,
Just want to get the checklist what all letters are required to show my back home TCS experience.
i am having release letter, service letter. I dont have my payslips and employer is not ready to give me letter stating all my duties/responsibilities on the letter head.
Do any of these documents indicate salary / wage info? In any case, the duties/responsibilities are the really important part...
I can get an email from my manager through the TCS email id stating my roles and responsibilities etc.
This is good...

Exactly can u please let me know the checklists of document I need to upload in my previous employment section.
Letter of reference and supporting documents (these will vary). If there is anything that IRCC requires that you cannot provide, you write a letter of explanation. You have some good documents, though, I wouldn't worry too much.

Can the Reference letter from my manager be from companies email id or it should be a plain letter??.
Either, up to him, as long as it has his contact information. It would be good if he explained why it cannot be on compnay letterhead, but other than that, this is good.

ashishry

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
@jes_ON

Please can i send u the service letter and relieving letter to your personal email id. if its fine for you?
Please have a look and give ur input.

Thanks-
Ashish

Last edited:

Dipinderk

Sep 9, 2019
Hi @jes_ON,

I am applying in CEC express entry, My case and query is below.

Currently i am working for CGI group since 13 months in Toronto.
Previously back home in India i worked in TCS (2010-2014)

i am having release letter, service letter. I dont have my payslips and employer is not ready to give me letter stating all my duties/responsibilities on the letter head. I can get an email from my manager through the TCS email id stating my roles and responsibilities etc.

Can the Reference letter from my manager be from companies email id or it should be a plain letter??. Kindly reply. Thanks in Advance.
Hello Ashish

I am in the same boat and share similar profile. I too am ex-TCSian and did Post Graduation at Fanshawe. I will be applying via CEC in few months. Can I get in touch with you expecting a bit of guidance? (if you are still active here)

Thanks!