+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EDUCATION

MATHEKES

Jul 1, 2009
Dear All,

l have an issue on this education thing.l am a graduate from a University in Nigeria and am expected to submit my applications to CIO before 1st of october.The big problem is that all Nigerian universities are on strike,which makes it very difficult for me to get my transcript.What should l do? Can l submit the application without the transcript. l have a Certificate from the university.

Please advise

Best regards

kista

Aug 24, 2009
Of course if u don't expect that u strike would be over soon, apply with certificate. If embassy will need transcript they wil ask you. But they may pause the processing at some state if they required transcripts.

MATHEKES

Jul 1, 2009
Hi everyone,

l submitted my full application to CIC on the 29th of September 2009 without my transcripts because of the strike action of universities in nigeria.Finally l was able to get it two days ago and so wish to submit the transcript.

My fears are :

1. l have not been issued a file number,how will they include it to my application.Should l wait till am contacted. l dont want the transcript to be missing cos it will be difficult getting another one under this strike action

2. how long does it take CIC to respond to applicant after submitting full application.

Can l get answers please.

Regards

salbenz17

Jun 3, 2009
MATHEKES said:
Hi everyone,

l submitted my full application to CIC on the 29th of September 2009 without my transcripts because of the strike action of universities in nigeria.Finally l was able to get it two days ago and so wish to submit the transcript.

My fears are :

1. l have not been issued a file number,how will they include it to my application.Should l wait till am contacted. l dont want the transcript to be missing cos it will be difficult getting another one under this strike action

2. how long does it take CIC to respond to applicant after submitting full application.

Can l get answers please.

Regards
What did you specifically apply for? You can contact them via email and state your situation along with the fact that you have received your transcripts now and would like to forward it to them IF required. Until you receive a case #, your passport is your reference number.