+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education outside Canada for Employment requirements CEC

caf445

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hi All,

I have a bachelor in Chemical Engineering form back home and I got my masters in Computer Engineering in Canada. Now I am working as a Chemical Engineer. For CEC, in Employment requirement says A bachelor's degree in chemical engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required. As I have a Canadian degree and I am getting points for my masters education without any evaluation, I thought I do not need to evaluate my bachelor degree using WES. But the question is should I still evaluate my bachelor degree for the employment requirement or the fact that I have a reference from my employer is enough?
In general with having a Canadian Masters, do we need to evaluate the foreign bachelor degree to get education points?

Thank you

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi All,

I have a bachelor in Chemical Engineering form back home and I got my masters in Computer Engineering in Canada. Now I am working as a Chemical Engineer. For CEC, in Employment requirement says A bachelor's degree in chemical engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required. As I have a Canadian degree and I am getting points for my masters education without any evaluation, I thought I do not need to evaluate my bachelor degree using WES. But the question is should I still evaluate my bachelor degree for the employment requirement or the fact that I have a reference from my employer is enough?
In general with having a Canadian Masters, do we need to evaluate the foreign bachelor degree to get education points?

Thank you
No, Masters is the highest education and you do not get extra points for a bachelors and a masters together ;)
Since your Masters is Canadian you don’t require equivalency done and no need for the bachelors to be evaluated to a Canadian equivalent.

CEC will depend on your current Canadian employment of minimum 1 yr and should be of NOC either skill type 0, A, B.
Back up your CEC work experience though a offer letter, letter of reference, T4, NOA, pay slips(6 months)(not essentially required but adding will only strengthen your application)...

Reactions: caf445

caf445

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Thank you for your answer.

On the NOC page under Employment requirements, it says a bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering is required. How can I prove this with no ECA as I do have a Masters in Computer engineering from Canada?

Cheers

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you for your answer.

On the NOC page under Employment requirements, it says a bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering is required. How can I prove this with no ECA as I do have a Masters in Computer engineering from Canada?

Cheers
Okay, what’s the NOC are you look at ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi All,
In general, yes, if you have a Canadian degree, that is enough to earn CRS points for education.

But you are asking about something completely different, that is whether or not your work experience will be accepted without having the relevant credential assessed.

in MOST cases, you can safely ignore the education requirements in the NOC. VOs are not supposed to assess that, EXCEPT in the case of regulated occupations (doctor, lawyer, mechanic, etc).

Engineering occupations are mixed. You can work as an engineer without being licensed. However, to use the title P.Eng. you must be licensed (and then are regulated, and then must meet the education requirements).

Short answer - no, it is not mandatory for you to get your B Eng assessed for immigration purposes. But should you? Probably yes, for professional reasons, esp. if you ever want to be licensed as a P. Eng.

Reactions: caf445