+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education assessment

govanotiforever1987

Jan 15, 2020
Good day,

I have one question about quebec skilled worker program, I read that we need to have the diploma prior to summit the Express of interest, it means 5 years, so, if I got my diploma in 2012, I wont be able to apply under this category considering that the last experience is less than 1 year, this is true?, secondly, I got a postgraduate diploma in IBM for 1 year in 2018, i guess that for reward those points I only can add the last one, right? this tittle was obtained in Ontario, when I make the points calculator I know that this diploma may be treated as quebec diploma but I have to put 'outside quebec' right?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Good day,

I have one question about quebec skilled worker program, I read that we need to have the diploma prior to summit the Express of interest, it means 5 years, so, if I got my diploma in 2012, I wont be able to apply under this category considering that the last experience is less than 1 year, this is true?, secondly, I got a postgraduate diploma in IBM for 1 year in 2018, i guess that for reward those points I only can add the last one, right? this tittle was obtained in Ontario, when I make the points calculator I know that this diploma may be treated as quebec diploma but I have to put 'outside quebec' right?
I guess you are talking about Arrima system. You maybe using a third party points calculator. Arrima hasn't got any calculator.
Couple of misconceptions you have :
- You are not restricted by 5 years for your diploma. You can use it.
- Once you get in Arrima system, yes you can have your old diploma and new one both there.
All the best