+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton, Alberta settlers Join here

jumbo420

Member
Jun 2, 2013
12
0
Hello Seniors,

I am new to this forum and recently got my PR Visa. I'm planning to land in Edmonton on first week of July. I have couple of questions, please help to answer:

1) My wife want to work in administration and clerical job, could you please suggest any course which she should do before or after landing?

2) I'm in IT professional, can anyone give me idea about IT jobs in Edmonton?

3) Also I'm planning to purchase new laptop, any advise should I purchase from India or Canada?

Thanks in advance,

Jumbo
 

Thalia

Hero Member
Mar 3, 2011
339
59
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
0631
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2011
AOR Received.
27 April 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO: 4 June 2011
Med's Request
11 June 2012
Med's Done....
26 June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 October 2012
LANDED..........
13 May 2013
darpaje said:
What is the distance of Lethbridge from Calgary, is it good to settle in Lethbridge
For any distances to any city you can use google maps.
e.g. for what you want, right click on Calgary "directions from here" and then right click on Lethbridge "directions to here".
It will give you 212km. and 2 hours 25 minutes by car.

Otherwise just google "calgary to lethbridge" first result is the distance.
 

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
2,238
49
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Jobs are more in Calgary and Edmonton .
 

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
2,238
49
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes weather wise it is much better than Edmonton since it is closer to US border.
 

Aikoliko

Member
Apr 7, 2014
17
0
Re: Need a One Bedroom Furnished Apartment in Edmonton from June

karkera.harshad said:
Hi,,

I am in India, planning to land Toronto with wife and kidon 10th June and from there to Edmonton.

Trying to get in touch with people in Canada,not to miss socializing there :)

Currently searching for a rented Furnished One Bedroom Apartment in South East or South West.

My Email Id is karkera.harshad @ gmail.com

You can add me on Skype.

My Id is karkera.harshad

Will be waiting to hear from you soon

Harshad Karkera
Hi Folks,
Thank you all for the nice informative help from this thread. Please, I am landing soon in Fort Mcmurray and I know Edmonton is the closest city to Fort Mcmurray. Please, I need guide on how to find a cheap apartment in Fort Mcmurray area, please, advice. If possible the contacts. On Kijiji, houses there are costly. I want a place for short stay for now????.
 

Umair

Hero Member
Jul 28, 2010
366
24
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
..............
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
Re: Need a One Bedroom Furnished Apartment in Edmonton from June

Aikoliko said:
Hi Folks,
Thank you all for the nice informative help from this thread. Please, I am landing soon in Fort Mcmurray and I know Edmonton is the closest city to Fort Mcmurray. Please, I need guide on how to find a cheap apartment in Fort Mcmurray area, please, advice. If possible the contacts. On Kijiji, houses there are costly. I want a place for short stay for now????.
Fort Mac is one of the Expensive city in Canada. people do not prefer it for family living, mostly are settled in Edmonton or Calgary and are doing job in Fort Macc. Consult some one who is living fort mac, to get good idea. the Pollution is very high in FortMacc.
 

Umair

Hero Member
Jul 28, 2010
366
24
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
..............
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
jumbo420 said:
Hello Seniors,

I am new to this forum and recently got my PR Visa. I'm planning to land in Edmonton on first week of July. I have couple of questions, please help to answer:

1) My wife want to work in administration and clerical job, could you please suggest any course which she should do before or after landing?

2) I'm in IT professional, can anyone give me idea about IT jobs in Edmonton?

3) Also I'm planning to purchase new laptop, any advise should I purchase from India or Canada?

Thanks in advance,

Jumbo
[/quot




I suggest do not bring clothings and any thing from India, Buy Every thinh here. You can bring few pairs of clothing and shoes for a period of one month. try to buy from here. it is not expensive.

Regards
 

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
3,642
458
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
3131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
jumbo420 said:
Hello Seniors,

I am new to this forum and recently got my PR Visa. I'm planning to land in Edmonton on first week of July. I have couple of questions, please help to answer:

1) My wife want to work in administration and clerical job, could you please suggest any course which she should do before or after landing?

Ans : There is no as such specific course for it. She must have good typing speed and knowledge with office machines.

2) I'm in IT professional, can anyone give me idea about IT jobs in Edmonton?

Ans : What part of IT and how many years of Experience ? Job for IT in edmonton is not big as in Calgary . But still you can try .

3) Also I'm planning to purchase new laptop, any advise should I purchase from India or Canada?

Ans : Buy it from Canada.

Thanks in advance,

Jumbo
 

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
3,642
458
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
3131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Nice job by Umair . We never met as we are in Edmonton.

Mayank
 

Umair

Hero Member
Jul 28, 2010
366
24
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
..............
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
mayankpandya said:
Nice job by Umair . We never met as we are in Edmonton.

Mayank
You welcome I work in Downtown, City Centre from 7 :30 to 3:30 we can fix a time and can have a coffee together, if possible for you.

Best Regards

Ameer Ali
 

jumbo420

Member
Jun 2, 2013
12
0
Umair said:
jumbo420 said:
I suggest do not bring clothings and any thing from India, Buy Every thinh here. You can bring few pairs of clothing and shoes for a period of one month. try to buy from here. it is not expensive.

Regards
Thanks Umair and Mayanak for your reply.

I have 9+ years exp in network and information security. I'm planning to land in Edmonton first then will start searching for job and will be ready to relocate if find suitable job in any other city or province.

Thanks,
Jumbo
 

SanRoque

Hero Member
Jan 19, 2012
211
4
Hi Umair

How is the job market at the moment in Edmonton? I am in the accounting field and will be moving permanently by first week of August.

Cheers.
 

akapoor3

Hero Member
Jun 16, 2010
252
1
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
Doc's Request.
28-09-2010 (I AOR)
AOR Received.
09-02-2011 (II AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent along with Documents on 25-01-2011
File Transfer...
IP on 03-05-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2013
Passport Req..
Sent on 25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2013
LANDED..........
Calgary
Hi All,

One question, i am landing in Calgary on 09.06.2014. I am planning to pursue further studies. For the purpose of educational documents evaluation, whether i would be requiring Transcripts for Bachelor and Masters completed from India?

Thanks,
Anubhav
 

Umair

Hero Member
Jul 28, 2010
366
24
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
..............
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
akapoor3 said:
Hi All,

One question, i am landing in Calgary on 09.06.2014. I am planning to pursue further studies. For the purpose of educational documents evaluation, whether i would be requiring Transcripts for Bachelor and Masters completed from India?

Thanks,
Anubhav
It is good to continue your education and do some upgrading. They will ask for all educational documents from Matric to Masters or higher ( both Marks sheet and Degrees) get few attested copies in sealed encelope of the university of colleges.