+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

e-cas PR Application Status: NOT AVAILABLE

mapleleafrag

Oct 1, 2007
Hi everyone, and thanks in advance for your kind help.

My Canadian husband's sponsorship application was approved on Dec. 17, and my application for PR was forwarded to the Buffalo visa office at that time. As of today, Feb. 10 (a week short of 2 months later), e-cas still says under Permanent Resident Application Status: NOT AVAILABLE.

Is this a cause for concern? Is there anything I/we can do to make sure they received my application?

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
hi, the same my application also forwarded from Mississauga and still waiting for acknowledgement receipt from Local canadian office, islamabad.

and i am sure you will receive the acknowledgement receipt. and it will be your file number and after that you will be able to see the status of your application online.

so we are in the same boat. but i was approved from Mississauga on 23 Jan08. and still waiting.

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
do you have the name spelled exactly as it is on the letter thay sent? also you need to use The sponsors info and the number you type in is the client id selection. once you get AOR then you put in YOUR info and the selection would be immigration file number and it usually starts with the letter B.

hope this helps a littl

mapleleafrag

Oct 1, 2007
Thanks, Tamee. I haven't received my AOR yet, and I understand that in some instances they proceed without ever issuing it.

I can reach the e-cas page for my husband. Under the column for Sponsorship Application it says "Decision Made" but under the column for "Permanent Resident Application Status" it says "Not Available."

How long should I wait for my AOR, and is there anything I can do to make sure Buffalo has my application if I keep NOT getting my AOR?

Thanks again.

mapleleafrag

Oct 1, 2007
UPDATE:

I just checked again this morning and the PR Application status has changed from NOT AVAILABLE to IN PROCESS !

Yeeeessssss!!!

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
HI, i am confuse still when i check ECAS it says unavailable. i don't know after how long it appears that i can check the status of my application.

Do u know anybody after how long Local CIC start processing. because my application forwarded from Mississauga to local CIC canadian. and still i can't check the status online.

mapleleafrag

Oct 1, 2007
Rahimi said:
HI, i am confuse still when i check ECAS it says unavailable. i don't know after how long it appears that i can check the status of my application.

Do u know anybody after how long Local CIC start processing. because my application forwarded from Mississauga to local CIC canadian. and still i can't check the status online.
My husband's sponsorship was approved in Mississauga on Dec. 17, and today was the first day that I found "in progress" instead of "not available" on e-CAS. (I also got my AOR letter in the mail today.) So it took approximately 7 weeks to show up. (My application is being processed in Buffalo, New York.)

If I read your earlier post correct, Rahimi, your sponsorship approval came on Jan 23. So it's probably too soon to see anything on e-CAS.

Also, until the APPLICANT has a file #, make sure that you're entering the SPONSOR'S last name, client #, date of birth, and country on e-CAS -- NOT the applicant's. The first few times I tried to check, I kept entering MY name, birthdate, and country along with the file number from my husband's acceptance letter. So I wasn't getting any information on e-CAS.

Hope this helps.

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
Thank you so much for ur kind words. definitely i was not sure about.

Just let me once again confirm please instead of my name and DOB, and country birth i should put my wife's detail. is that you mean.

anyway i really appeciate you please keep in touch for the update of ur application

regards

mapleleafrag

Oct 1, 2007
That's right. You put the SPONSOR'S information. Not the APPLICANT'S. If your wife is your sponsor, put the CLIENT ID # from her sponsorship letter, then HER last name, her date of birth, and her country of birth.

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
I did it thank you very much but, when i put my wife's name it accepted and the dicison was made in Mississauga Canada.

Mississauga sent a letter to my wife about the dicison of my application on 15 Jan 08. so what do you think when will local canadian office islamabad will start processing please let me know.

also after how many days local office canadian recieve my application i mean how many days it will take for postman to deliever . just imagine this please. because my wife in canada received letter from immigration office in canada on 15 Jan 08.

thank you once again as u are the first person that you have correcly information. please reply to the above message i would be very nice of you.

Rahimi

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
Dear mapleleafrag, I hope you got my last message point.

Do you think i will get the acknowledgement recipt regarding my application. in end of Feb 2008.

Also do you think some applications [Spouses] Will be finalize within 3-4 months in Islamabad. or it will take time.

Because my wife already submitted all my documents like in orginal Marriage Certificate, wedding photos, Air tickets. and Police Certificate and etc.

so do you think they will ask for more documents or it will be enough for them. just i need your recommendation.

regards
Rahimi

mapleleafrag

Oct 1, 2007
Dear Rahimi, I am not the best person to ask, because I have the same questions and uncertainties as you!

It took 7 weeks for me to get AOR from Buffalo, which means only that they've just started to review my application. I included all the same documentation that you mentioned. And I too wonder if they will need more or if it will be enough.

I do know that Canada has streamlined the process for Family Class Immigration. I know of spouses who have received their Permanent Resident Status in less than 3 months after AOR. So I'm hoping the same will be true for me. And for you as well.

I would suggest that you start a new topic about the Islamabad office and see if you can find anyone who has had experiences there.

Also: This link will tell you the estimated processing times for Family Class Sponsorship at each of the offices in Asia, including Islamabad:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#asia

I wish I could be more help to you, but I'm sure you will find someone on the board who can help you answer your questions.

I hope you are reunited with your loved one soon. I am from the U.S., so I'm never too far from my husband. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to be halfway around the world. Good luck and god bless.

ANOTHER THOUGHT: If you're in Canada, Rahimi, and your application is being processed in Vegrevillle, this link will tell you the approximate times it takes, once they start processing:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res