+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
1,821
66
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
arman79 said:
Dear All

By the Grace of God, on 31/01/2013, I received my PPR from London Visa Office !

Good Luck to all !

Regards !
CONGRATS Arman see u soon :D

Biju
 

optimist80

Newbie
Feb 7, 2013
3
0
Dear Members,
I have been a silent observer of this forum for a year now. Just recently i received my visas and COPR and will be moving to GTA at the end of March hopefully. I was hoping to get some guidance on job prospects for IT project managers and/or business analysts. I have an Information Systems degree from the US and about ten years of experience. My last role was as a Solution Architect for reputable bank in the UAE.

I would really appreciate any guidance/leads I could get from the veterans here!

:) :)
 

arman79

Hero Member
Oct 30, 2009
416
27
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
3112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
bijupv007 said:
CONGRATS Arman see u soon :D

Biju
Thanks a Lot Biju ! Where are you these day ? I havent heard from you since long time !
 

jadedGeek

Hero Member
Mar 19, 2010
573
9
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0213
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2010
Doc's Request.
03-08-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
11-Aug-10
Med's Request
28-OCT-2013
HEy Biju, long time no presenence... i hope you are good and enjoying well.


bijupv007 said:
Back in Toronto on Jan 23 :D :D

Met Captain (Qorax) and all our guys in Dubai thread :D :D

Biju
 

dubaiite

Hero Member
May 3, 2011
552
19
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
bijupv007 said:
Back in Toronto on Jan 23 :D :D

Met Captain (Qorax) and all our guys in Dubai thread :D :D

Biju

Welcome back to the thread.......hope u will settle down soooooon.....
 

ramzy2277

Hero Member
Dec 21, 2011
422
9
bijupv007 said:
there is no direct flight to Calgary. as per the airline rule if the transit is more than 8 hours and as per ur booking class(k,w,v etc even in economy) only they provide accommodation and food while in transit

Emirates gave me hotel stay and all meals plus visa in dubai whn i flyed from India to Toronto last month.

biju
Thanks for ur reply.....but did emirates provide visa during ur transit......i found one route from dubai,seatle calgary,with 2 hours transit,but the problem is since the travel agent wasnt able to know how many terminals in seatle,i am afraid that they may ask for visa to move between terminals.....do u have any idea.
 

GISHA26

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
52
1
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 July 2011
AOR Received.
11 Oct 2011
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
No Idea
Med's Request
24 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
26 Oct 2012 and Third Line Nov 2012
Interview........
No Idea
Passport Req..
19/08/2013 and passport reached in LVO 23/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made E -Status 10/09/2013
LANDED..........
God Knows
All Seniors

Please advice ....and when we can expect our PPR ......

Application received 14 July 2011.
Application started processing 13 June 2012
Medical Done and reached Visa Office 03 Nov 2012 .("and we already got third line in CIC Site regarding Medical )
Updated PCC and our child application with Landing Fees reached on 03 Dec 2012.
New Born medical done and reached in Visa Office 31 Dec 2012. As per DHL Tracking

Visa Office -- London.
 

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
9,524
2,989
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ramzy2277 said:
Thanks for ur reply.....but did emirates provide visa during ur transit......i found one route from dubai,seatle calgary,with 2 hours transit,but the problem is since the travel agent wasnt able to know how many terminals in seatle,i am afraid that they may ask for visa to move between terminals.....do u have any idea.
Even if it's the same terminal -- u'd yet need a USTV for travelling thru the US (everyone does except for visa exempt pps)... lots have changed since 911.
 

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
9,524
2,989
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bijupv007 said:
there is no direct flight to Calgary. as per the airline rule if the transit is more than 8 hours and as per ur booking class(k,w,v etc even in economy) only they provide accommodation and food while in transit

Emirates gave me hotel stay and all meals plus visa in dubai whn i flyed from India to Toronto last month.

biju
Typically a/lines will/should give u a hotel stay if ur transit time is more than 8-hrs. Ironically, they book u a way that u never have a transit wait beyond 7.5 hrs (sic!), so that hotel request is kaput. However, transit via Dubai is a different ballgame altogether for Emirates A/line -- they need u to stay sometime here to spend ur greenbacks!
 

ramzy2277

Hero Member
Dec 21, 2011
422
9
qorax said:
Even if it's the same terminal -- u'd yet need a USTV for travelling thru the US (everyone does except for visa exempt pps)... lots have changed since 911.
Thanks qorax,

After so many replies advising to avoid transit in seatle,i spoken again to the travel agent asking for direct flights to calgary,unfortunateky she couldnt find except one from abu dhabi to toronto.....so my question if i take this route and make toronto my first poe,and from there i apply for pr card and give calgary as my residential address,will i be able to pick the card from calgary or i have to go back to toronto.moreover,after landing in toronto i will try to go to calgary( dont know how yet) but will the immigration officer at calgary airport ask me about copr and pr records or i shall just enter.plz advise.

Thanks
 

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
9,524
2,989
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ramzy2277 said:
Thanks qorax,

After so many replies advising to avoid transit in seatle,i spoken again to the travel agent asking for direct flights to calgary,unfortunateky she couldnt find except one from abu dhabi to toronto.....so my question if i take this route and make toronto my first poe,and from there i apply for pr card and give calgary as my residential address,will i be able to pick the card from calgary or i have to go back to toronto.moreover,after landing in toronto i will try to go to calgary( dont know how yet) but will the immigration officer at calgary airport ask me about copr and pr records or i shall just enter.plz advise.

Thanks
U can always book ur flight to Calgary via a Canadian transit (thru one of our a/ports, viz. Toronto, Vancouver etc.). In which case u'd have an onward arrangement to 'show' to the BSO at ur 1st Canadian port (which suffices for ur Calgary address for the PRCs) and ur "Record of Landing" could be done at that 1st POE.
 

glairlinez

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
125
2
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Glory be to GOD ALMIGHTY, we received our Visa & COPR yesterday from Aramex, thank-you everyone for your support and guidance.
Those who are still expecting, I wish you good luck and Godspeed.

Below info might be useful to others.

Category......................................: FSW1
Visa Office....................................: London
App. Filed.....................................: 10 April 2010
File Transfer .................................: July 2010
Doc's Request................................: Sept 2010
Doc's Sent......................................: Oct 2010
AOR Received...............................: Dec 2010
Med's Request..............................: Sept 2012
Med's Done...................................: Nov 2012
Passport Req..................................: Jan 7th 2013
Passport Sent..................................: Jan 9th 2013
Passport Delivered..........................: Jan 11th 2013
VISA ISSUED....................................: Jan 27th 2013
Passport Recv.................................: Feb 6th 2013
LANDING......................................: God’s time is the best.


Thank you.
Glairlinez.
 

jamshaid79

Hero Member
Apr 21, 2010
253
5
121
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-10
Doc's Request.
12-10-10
AOR Received.
06-06-11
IELTS Request
08-05-10
File Transfer...
23-04-12
Med's Request
12-02-14
Med's Done....
22-03-14
Passport Req..
04-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
qorax said:
Hi,

Ur pps will have to be submitted to ur 'original' CHC (the VO u selected while applying). From where -- that's immaterial. And if u r an Isb-Lon referral case -- u'd get PPR in 2 steps (PPR1 & PPR2) -- with PPR2 ur pps go to Isb. However, if u've updated ur current location as somewhere other than Pakistan -- u've an option to request for a 'direct PPR' as we all get -- and then submit ur pps once for all to CHC-London.

Qorax
Thanks Qorax,

But i was never been a part of CHC ISB, as by the time i submitted my full application in Jan 2011, i was been informed to submit my full docs directly to CHC london, which i did, i only applied from Pakistan, but my reporting Vo is always London, now since i have changed my COR, and its been updated in E-Case, how i can ask for my PPR in UAE..can you please assist me in that ..

Regards.
 

arman79

Hero Member
Oct 30, 2009
416
27
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
3112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
jamshaid79 said:
Thanks Qorax,

But i was never been a part of CHC ISB, as by the time i submitted my full application in Jan 2011, i was been informed to submit my full docs directly to CHC london, which i did, i only applied from Pakistan, but my reporting Vo is always London, now since i have changed my COR, and its been updated in E-Case, how i can ask for my PPR in UAE..can you please assist me in that ..

Regards.
Dear , I received PPR and after getting PPR I sent London visa office email to change my address ! Earlier they send me passport request with attached form instruction which is applicable to Pakistani applications , I immediately sent London visa office that I reside in UAE while instruction form sent is applicable to Pakistani residents. In less than 24 hours , I received email from London visa office to discard earlier given instructions since you reside outside Pakistan , you are required to send original passports to London visa office which I already did !
 

CJ_an

Star Member
May 25, 2012
77
5
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06 Oct 09
IELTS Request
16 Dec 09
Med's Request
28 Feb 12
Med's Done....
19 May 12
Passport Req..
19 Sep 12
To Qorax and all seniors,
Kindly advise, we did our landing on 1feb. Everything went smoothly all the people are friendly and helpful. After the landing, we are applying for the SIN when we notice my sons dob is wrong on the copr. How can this be ammended? Is the same info going to be mention on the pr card? Pls help me as we are only doing a short landing and i wanted this sorted out before we leave.
Thank you very much