+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving insurance recognition

Gregor

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Anyone knows if Canadian insurance companies will accept 5 years no claim discount from Irelands, if yes which companies would you recommend.
Thanks for your help,
Gregor

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Gregor said:
Anyone knows if Canadian insurance companies will accept 5 years no claim discount from Irelands, if yes which companies would you recommend.
Thanks for your help,
Gregor
It depends on the province where you are heading, each one is different.

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Gregor said:
How about Alberta?
Thanks
Gregor
1. You need a letter from your insurance company, not agent showing your "no claims history", also you will need proof of the number of years of driving from your DMV, if you can get, of the license doesn't say when it was originally issued.
2. In Alberta you check through Broker what the cost will be http://www.kanetix.ca/alberta-car-insurance-canada

PMM

Gregor

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Hi PMM
Thanks for the info; I presume the best way would be to actually talk to a broker as there is no option on the online form to insert your information if you are from Europe etc. Thanks for the info.
Cheers,
Gregor

darelro

Mar 16, 2010
I don't know if you're still looking for recognition of the driving insurance. Anyhow , I got like 50% reduction in alberta for having such a leeter from my home insurance company. Check with Morgex.

Gregor

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Hi Darelro,

thanks very much for the information. Yes, we will be moving to Alberta in June and this information is really appreciated.
What is the average price, if you don't mind? I realise that it depends on the size of the engine and the like.

Thanks,

Gregor

darelro

Mar 16, 2010
Before I switchedto morgex I used to pay like 1600 cad /year for a pontiac sunfire 2005. The cost was for a one way insurance. With morgex , which recognized my home insurance the cost went down to around 700cad/year same car same condition.
Right now I'm paying 1200cad /year a nissan versa 2009 but the insurance is full.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi,

Anyone here knows of such an 'Insurance Broker' in Toronto? Mine's a ditto case:

1. Eight yrs [Though it was 12yrs, but they passed only for 8] 'No Claim' letter obtained from the Insurance Company.
2. Twelve yrs 'Letter of Authenticity & No Violation Report' [against my D/License] obtained from the RTA-Dubai.

Thanks & regards,
QORAX