+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone know....

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
..of the form I would eventually use to show "good to follow later" when I get to the "landing" phase of my journey? Is there a form on-line or is it given to me after I am approved of everything? I am initially planning to Land first (when the time comes - preferrably YVR), then come back to the states with a floatilla of relatives and in-laws to pick up my stuff and then drive back to my Canadian Home. I have tried looking for the goods to follow form, but have been unsuccessful.

Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can probably use this one: http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4a.pdf or make your own.

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, according to his form, everything gets a duty tacked onto it? Even my CD collection (exstensive), clothing, stereo, and kitched untensils? Some of my stuff is old and I can not remember what I actually paid for it.

Or is there a matrix or list that spells out what is duty free or not?

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And an added bonus question, how would I go about transferring my cheque account when I close my one here in the states and create a new one when I move to Canada? Do I need to have a cheque with me of all the funds at landing or can I do the transferr at the new bank in Canada?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/rc4151-eng.html has a list of stuff you can bring with you duty free.

As for the account. If you want to bring a check with all your money, you can but if you would rather wire it, you have to deal with your bank in the US, online or through the phone, to wire the money to your new account in Canada.

shamrock

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
You just estimate the items' value. The officer told me to just put what you would sell it for at a garage sale. lol

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which now confuses me...

If you can bring in these items duty and tax free, why list a price at all? Can you put "0" or do they decide if the items are eligible for duty?

Seems kind of anal to me. If you can bring them in without tax or duty, it would be logical to put "0" for the amount.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe there is a value attached somewhere. Say you bring stuff worth $10,000,000 and say it's all your household items, they might get a bit suspicious.