+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document Preparation for EE

bigshow13

Feb 13, 2018
Hello

I am in the process of applying for Canada PR. I have my IELTS scheduled for end of March. I am in the process of doing WES evaluation for me nd wife. Can I also start the FBI PPC process now itself or do I have wait for ITA? To apply for PPC do I need to get any verifications done in India also? I have been in US for the last 7 years and my wife has been here for 5 years.

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hello

I am in the process of applying for Canada PR. I have my IELTS scheduled for end of March. I am in the process of doing WES evaluation for me nd wife. Can I also start the FBI PPC process now itself or do I have wait for ITA? To apply for PPC do I need to get any verifications done in India also? I have been in US for the last 7 years and my wife has been here for 5 years.
For the FBI PCC, you don’t need anything from India. Just the fingerprint card with the application form and credit card. Of course you will need separate PCC from Indian Consulate if you are still living in USA.

Regarding when to do it, in the past FBI PCC used to take 3-4 months or more and hence it made sense to apply early. However with the new EDO process, it takes 3-5days once the mailed fingerprint cards are received by FBI. Another 3-5 days to get the PCC hard copy by mail.

If I were you, I would apply now just to be on safe side since who knows if there will be any delays in future. If the invitation takes longer than 5 months, then apply again for a new PCC.

Good Luck!!!

Ninisha

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hello

We have applied for FBI PPC on October 2017 and received it only on January 2018. So, I would suggest you to apply now for FBI PPC and for collect other documents and keep it ready. Once you gather all documents, apply for PR

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
We have applied for FBI PPC on October 2017 and received it only on January 2018. So, I would suggest you to apply now for FBI PPC and for collect other documents and keep it ready. Once you gather all documents, apply for PR
Though this was true last year, earlier this year 2018 FBI released a new EDO system which has considerably expedited the processing of FBI PCC. So the concern no longer exist.