+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to Provide Paystubs from Old Employer?

AMP9319

Feb 26, 2021
Hi there,

I am applying for my e-APR under CEC, and am just about ready to submit my application. After doing my PR review my consultant has advised me that I will need 5-6 paystubs from my previous employer of 3 years. However, currently I only have about 2 from each year, a job letter from my previous employer confirming my employment duration, and T4's and NOA's. After reading a few of these forums I am seeing that CEC doesn't even require you to submit paystubs?

Is this true? Can anyone in their experience tell me if they were asked for paystubs under CEC and if what I currently have will suffice? I could always take screenshots of my banking apps as well but this is basically the only thing that I need before submitting my e-APR which has to be submitted before mid June.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

AMP9319

Feb 26, 2021
Just to add, if in fact I don't need 5-6 paystubs from each of those years... Will all the documents I currently have suffice for the IRCC Officer?

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Paystubs are not mandatory. Just highly recommended for your current job (if you have one). Reference letter + Tax forms should be enough for all previous experience.

AMC1985

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Having paystubs is a huge positive. But, if you don't have them, you can attach your bank statements showing your salary getting credited for each month.

Reactions: CripplingYogi194