+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to be employed by the same employer for the 1 year work experience to count?

catonmat

May 9, 2020
Hi,

I've been employed at a firm in Montreal for 1 year as a software developer. I am planning on starting a CIC application to get PR.

However I'm also searching for a new job.

If I terminate my employment at my existing firm prior to submitting the CIC application, or being invited to the round, how will that affect my chances of getting PR?

Do I need my current employer to sponsor me for the CIC application? Or do I just need 12 months of payslips to prove that I have worked in Canada for 1 year?

Thanks!

gskpxl69

Jun 26, 2020
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
It can be multiple employers , mutiple NOCs but for one year , make sure you get JD signed

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Canadian Experience Class is historical. You don't need a sponsor. Once you complete the qualifying criteria you are in. But more important than payslips, which could be compensation for anything to cleaning the toilets to being the CEO, is a work experience letter from your employer detailing your start and end dates, salary, benefits, if any, and most importantly a detailed job description that matches up with your NOC. If you give your boss the finger on your way out, you may still be able to prove your work experience, but you will make it much more difficult on yourself.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,

I've been employed at a firm in Montreal for 1 year as a software developer. I am planning on starting a CIC application to get PR.

However I'm also searching for a new job.

If I terminate my employment at my existing firm prior to submitting the CIC application, or being invited to the round, how will that affect my chances of getting PR?

Do I need my current employer to sponsor me for the CIC application? Or do I just need 12 months of payslips to prove that I have worked in Canada for 1 year?

Thanks!
If you are thinking to apply with only pay-slips as your supporting documentation, think twice.

You will need to provide a letter of experience from your employer/ former employer which needs to follow certain requirements according to IRCC (check their webpage to see them).

Hence, make sure to leave in good terms or try getting this letter before leaving your job.

Paystubs, T4 forms, etc. can also be submitted as supporting documents but an experience letter is required.