+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i have a shot? (from Bangladesh)

shapnik_dhk

Apr 4, 2010
Hi
i am really new here, so wondering you guys could help me.

I did my bachelor (BBA) from Dhaka Uni in Dec. 2008. Got a job as an Accounts officer in Feb. 2009 and have been serving there since. Meanwhile i have enrolled for MBA in the same Uni. I didnt attend classes much, just appeared at the exams. It will be finished by the 1st week of may, 2010. I am thinking about applying for immigration in next feb, 2011. when my job gets two year old. I have took the IELTS. score is 7.5

So by feb 2011 i should be able to get 68 points. Should i apply

Is it gonna be a problem that i was in full time job during the MBA, (btw it was not any EMBA program)

lands

Jan 28, 2010
Seems like you have done some research..so once you have the points as long as you qualify you will get approved for PR......

Howere life is not always rosey as it seems ....the job market is very tough in Canada.especially in this economic conditions...but all is not doom and gloom...so...

1. Be mentaly tough...regardless of how qualified you are you..one of the key things you lack is "canadian experience.." so you might have to start from scratch....
2. Once you are established there is no other country like Canada to live the rest of your life...
3. If you have the energy,commitment sky is the limit..there is nothing stopping you as to your career progress...
4. Check www.monster.ca or www.workopolis.ca do a search for the type of job you will want to do in Canada.see what kind of qualifications they require...this will give you an idea of what you will need to get a job...
5.Depending on your financial stability you might want to plan to have funds to support you for atleast a year or so after arriving in Canada..this is roughly the time it will take you to get the job that you want....ofcourse in the mean time you can also do part time work or temp work..
6.There is also many resources available on the www.cic.gc.ca website about settling in Canada,job hunt tips..and many more..
7. If you are married...apply as a famliy..arrive as a family..however do not plan to settle as a family...get all the PR stuff and then plan to send your family back....you can always have them come back once you are settled...THIS IS MY OPINION... why I say that..with no family you do not have to resist your job search to one province..you can look for a job for any where in Canada...moving is easy for one person than a family......once again..THIS IS MY OPINION......most people will have a different opinion...

this information was not in any way intended to discourage you..instead it was to also prepare you for maybe something that you may not think about...

Good luck with your application......

SaimonBlue

Star Member
May 13, 2009
shapnik_dhk said:
Hi
i am really new here, so wondering you guys could help me.

I did my bachelor (BBA) from Dhaka Uni in Dec. 2008. Got a job as an Accounts officer in Feb. 2009 and have been serving there since. Meanwhile i have enrolled for MBA in the same Uni. I didnt attend classes much, just appeared at the exams. It will be finished by the 1st week of may, 2010. I am thinking about applying for immigration in next feb, 2011. when my job gets two year old. I have took the IELTS. score is 7.5

So by feb 2011 i should be able to get 68 points. Should i apply

Is it gonna be a problem that i was in full time job during the MBA, (btw it was not any EMBA program)
It seems you can qualify. However please go to the offical web site where most of all information is present and answer your questions. Still you have any question, please let me know.