+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do CIC check the previous employers experience under "CEC" ??

seena

Apr 30, 2015
Hello experience folks,

I have one question regarding CEC stream:

I have three years work experience from back home, I have put in profile to gain points but I couldn't show the letters as per cic criteria.

So I am wondering does cic call or contact to previous employers (from backhome)? although I have very good contacts in current employment in Canada.

Please anyone response to my question, I am very much stressed (if i wouldn't show I wont get CRS points)
Regards,

Avneet2183

Jun 23, 2019
Yes, if you are claiming points for your overseas work experience, you need to show them the reference letters and they might call them to verify your letters.

seena

Apr 30, 2015
Yes, if you are claiming points for your overseas work experience, you need to show them the reference letters and they might call them to verify your letters.
But under CEC stream too?
if you check the CEC checklist the only requirement of current employment letter ....

so I am confused!... I cant arrange the current letters but want to gain CRS points :'(

Avneet2183

Jun 23, 2019
Yes,if you have enough points without your overseas work exp. You are good to go. And you are not claiming points for your overseas work , you dont need any reference letter for that. You can just mention in your personal history. But if you are claiming those points. You definately need those.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
But under CEC stream too?
if you check the CEC checklist the only requirement of current employment letter ....

so I am confused!... I cant arrange the current letters but want to gain CRS points :'(
If you are claiming points for foreign work experience, regardless of the stream, you have to be able to document it. Why can´t you get the letter of reference(s)? Sometimes exceptions are made if you can submit alternative documentation as well as proof that you tried but were unable to get the letter.

seena

Apr 30, 2015
If you are claiming points for foreign work experience, regardless of the stream, you have to be able to document it. Why can´t you get the letter of reference(s)? Sometimes exceptions are made if you can submit alternative documentation as well as proof that you tried but were unable to get the letter.
thanks so much for your response,
I am trying to get any proof or reference from any colleague but again its just I am trying ....so stressed