+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dirving licence for Toronto

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by Sam0130, Feb 28, 2007.

  1. Hi Guys
    it's my first time here, Been reading this forum for 2 week now have found it really help full and interactive.
    Me and my family have just got my PR Approved from Canadian High Commission of London and planning to move to Toronto in this coming April, my Question is I have lived in "AUSTRALIA" Sydney, and have its full Driving license, would it be possible to surrender that Driving license and get a Toronto Driving license ? any advice regarding moving to Toronto will be welcome as well ...Thanks
  2. Hi

    Take a read here: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/exchange.htm Ensure that you bring evidence of how many years you have driven. Also get a letter from your insurance company (not the agent) stating how many claim free years you have. You will get a shock at the cost of car insurance in Ontario, so shop around.
  3. Thanks for an Advice.....I will suely do that .
  4. How does the car insurance system in Manitoba compare to Ontario?
  5. Hi

    It is government run, and you may find it cheaper.


Share This Page