+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did I create my Profile too early?

Edna179452

Jan 10, 2020
Hi guys, I created my profile on the 8th of January but my one year canadian experience will be complete in the 29th. I haven’t gotten an ITA yet but I have been 42 hours weekly. I have read some people’s story that they got rejected because they were short of 2 days, 2weeks or thereabouts. So I just want to know if they start counting as soon as you creat the profile or when you get the ITA. So that I can withdraw my application and recreate it on the 29th to be safe. Please I need your reply

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi guys, I created my profile on the 8th of January but my one year canadian experience will be complete in the 29th. I haven’t gotten an ITA yet but I have been 42 hours weekly. I have read some people’s story that they got rejected because they were short of 2 days, 2weeks or thereabouts. So I just want to know if they start counting as soon as you creat the profile or when you get the ITA. So that I can withdraw my application and recreate it on the 29th to be safe. Please I need your reply
You have to have at least one year as of the date of the ITA. If you get an ITA before then, you can decline and go back into the pool, and wait for the next draw.

Edna179452

Jan 10, 2020
So are you advising that I don’t withdraw, because I already created it anyway. And I just wanted to be clear if they start counting from the moment of the ITA or when you create the profile

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Guys, check this out.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1000&top=29

The article clearly states that 'You will have to meet the Express Entry requirements in place at that time.' Now, it depends on how you wanna interpret it. Good luck

???? No idea what this has to do with the OP´s question. It means that the version of the ministerial instructions that are in place at the time you apply, are the version you must meet to be eligible. There haven´t been any chances since June 2018.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
So are you advising that I don’t withdraw, because I already created it anyway. And I just wanted to be clear if they start counting from the moment of the ITA or when you create the profile
Already answered.

marcoch54

Jan 11, 2020
I have read some people’s story that they got rejected because they were short of 2 days, 2weeks or thereabouts. So I just want to know if filezilla uc browser rufus they start counting as soon as you creat the profile or when you get the ITA. So that I can withdraw my application and recreate it on the 29th to be safe. Please I need your reply

Last edited:

LaFontaine

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
I have read some people’s story that they got rejected because they were short of 2 days, 2weeks or thereabouts. So I just want to know if they start counting as soon as you creat the profile or when you get the ITA. So that I can withdraw my application and recreate it on the 29th to be safe. Please I need your reply
It doesn't matter when you created your EE profile. Your work experience is counted from the date you started work to the date you got an ITA. As long as there's one year between you starting work to the date you got an ITA, you should be okay.

If you get an ITA before you complete your one year experience, decline the ITA and wait to be invited again. When you decline the ITA, your EE profile goes back into the pool.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Will somebody be able to shed some light on if your experience start the day you start working or the day you got your work permit. Since, I got my work permit in April but I started working in January right after applying. People are telling me confusing things. Any response will be greatly appreciated.

tang205k

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-05-2020
Med's Done....
09-07-2020
Will somebody be able to shed some light on if your experience start the day you start working or the day you got your work permit. Since, I got my work permit in April but I started working in January right after applying. People are telling me confusing things. Any response will be greatly appreciated.
It depends on the date you submitted your work permit application. I had the same question when graduated Canadian University and started working. I got my school course completion letter on Jan 31, 2019. I submitted Post Graduate Work Permit on Feb 1, 2019 and got a confirmation letter from CIC. I started working on Feb 1, 2019 as well.

Since the PGWP application submission date, I was under implied status meaning my working experience starts counting on Feb 1, 2019.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1181&top=15

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If you are talking about a PGWP, then it starts from the date you submit your application/started working (if they are the same day). If you started working before you submitted your PGWP application, that experience would not count (not authorized). If you submitted your application but didn´t start working right away, then it would be the date that you actually started working.

This is true ONLY for the PGWP. (Everyone else has to receive a work permit before they can begin working).

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
What type of WP do you have?